Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
868 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Gents,
I suppose I could cruise around on the "build a jeep" website and maybe get my question(s) answered but, I thought I'd throw it at you folks that have dealt with this kind of stuff for a while. We recently (about 4.5 months ago) purchased a '15 JKUR with 27k on the clock. It's a grand Jeep. We love it. Based on the build sheet that I acquired using the VIN number, it came with the 430N radio.

And we also have the 9 speaker upgraded system with the sub woofer in the rear deck. We have NAV, a C/D player and connections for USB in a couple of spots. I thought we had/have a real nice radio system.

Based on numbers, I'd have to say the "730N" Radio MUST be some form of a better/more powerful/higher quality radio. Would that be correct? If so, just what are the differences in all the Wrangler radios, if I may ask.
Scott

·
Registered
35 Posts
Welcome. I currently have the 730 in 12 JKR, previously had the 430 in an 07 JKR. From what I understand the main difference is the 730 has a breadcrumb capability for off-road Nav and uses the Mygig software, where the 430 is Garman based. I believe the sound system is about the same but I am sure other members will have more detail comparison.

·
Registered
361 Posts
The 430n will not provide real time traffic/reroute, from what I've researched the 430n has the better nav software, but the 730n has more features

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,017 Posts
Most people prefer the 430N over the 730N just for the GARMIN navigation on the 430N. Pretty sure they stopped using the 730N in 2016 Jeeps.

·
Registered
868 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hey thanks guys, very much appreciated. We don't use the NAV for really detailed pre-programmed runs etc. It's mostly for street use and, just getting to an address. We got some stuff on our phones too just in case the Jeeps NAV system throws us for a loop too. Thanks again.
Scott

·
Registered
2,053 Posts
My 730N RER in my 09 also had BT built-in. Just plug the proprietary mic into the back and activate the BT from the engineering menu. I think that the later RHR models had it as well. The 430's need an additional module for BT.

·
Registered
107 Posts
I swapped my 130 for a 730 instead of the 430 just because of the real time traffic. It uses Sirius so there's a subscription fee for the traffic, but I find it is more reliable at getting the traffic information that the unit in my mustang, which uses clear channel radio for the data and is free.

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
While I'm not sure, I know that my 430N won't receive all SeriusXM channels while perhaps the 730 will. Two channels I know of not available on the 430N are 313 and 314. There are other sports channels too...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts