Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking to purchase a 2011 wrangler. I am currently looking at two different Jeeps.

Jeep one is a 2011 Wrangler Sahara Unlimited 2011 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara, $27,593 - Cars.com

Jeep two is a 2011 wrangler sport that is trail rated. 2011 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport, $28,900 - Cars.com

What does trail rated mean and is it that big if a difference.

I wanted an automatic and the white one is. I don't plan on doing too much off roading I mainly want it for looks and the ability to take off the tops. I will eventually get larger tires and possibly a lift.

I currently have a 2011 Grand Cherokee lorado that I am looking to trade in on the other jeep.

Any input on the pro's and con's of buying either jeep would be greatly appreciated. Input and opinions are welcome!

Thanks in advance!
Mark

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
Both are trail rated. Don't know exactly what it means, but all Wranglers are trail rated now.

ETA: You can see the trail rated badge on both Jeeps if you look near the top of the driver's side front panel. Also, if I remember correctly, trail rated means skid plates, 4wd, and basically ready to hit the trail right off the dealer lot.

·
Registered
495 Posts
I know Wranglers hold their value, but I think $29k is a lot for a 2011. You should be able to talk a dealer down to that on a similarly equipped 2013 Sport S without leather.

·
Registered
269 Posts
I would choose the white one. Less miles and automatic, since you wanted that to begin with. The Sahara option just adds different trim refinements. There is no difference between these Jeeps off-road.

·
Registered
269 Posts
I know Wranglers hold their value, but I think $29k is a lot for a 2011. You should be able to talk a dealer down to that on a similarly equipped 2013 Sport S without leather.
x2! I think you could talk them down pretty easily. :thumb:

·
Super Moderator
22,063 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Lol ok bad news... Called the dealer on the white one and it is sold already...

I can definitely live with the stick so it 27,600 a fair price for the sahara or should I still try to work them down?

·
Registered
414 Posts
Saraha's are considered the "luxury" model with a lot of standard comforts and conveniences.

Sports are the "base" model. Being a base model does not mean that it doesn't have lots of options. A person can order a Sport and option it out pretty close to a Sahara if they so choose.

Same thing for the Rubicon. Rubicon has some additions to the 4wd systems to help them get through tough trails easier. Rubicons can also be optioned out with a lot of comforts and conveniences.

·
Retired Mod
11,135 Posts
Lol ok bad news... Called the dealer on the white one and it is sold already...

I can definitely live with the stick so it 27,600 a fair price for the sahara or should I still try to work them down?
Considering what they are asking, I would go to a Jeep dealer and look for a 2013 or order a 2014. If you are a Chrysler Affiliate Member, getting 3% below invoice should not be very hard.

·
Registered
619 Posts
I paid $27,500 for a 2013 Sport S JKU. It was 6 speed, but I ordered 3.73 gears, limited slip, and a hard top. While ordering an auto is going to put you at a higher rate, you will have less miles, probably a better finance rate, longer warranty, and can get the newer 3.6 engine. If you were ok with paying $28,900 I would try to swing a new one unless you really wanted the 3.8 engine that came in the 2011.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ok sweet! I'm not stuck on the auto by any means now. What I would specifically like though is the hard top.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts