Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
836 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am a total newb when it comes to off roading.. thinking of a 2'' lift.. I have been searching, and hear you can add spacers on the coil springs..

I just want somethig that will look decent on 31'' or 32''. mud tires.

something that will ride not too stiff.,, and at a good price..

Also would like to know how tall of tires I can go, before I need gear calibration or will it mess anything up?

TIA

·
Registered
2,974 Posts
i have 31x10.5s on my stock rims on a stock suspension

i got a 2'' suspension lift with 1'' bb and adding 33s..

a 1-2'' bb will be good enough to run 32s without rub

·
Registered
2,974 Posts
budget boost...

for it being a cheap way to lift your jeep

·
Registered
836 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
what is considered a budget boost? sorry i'm a total newb as mentioned earlier.

what do you guys reccomend for a 2 inch lift?

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
The BB is the spacer you mentioned earlier. It is a simple type of suspension lift, or you can replace your coils with a spring lift.

·
Registered
2,974 Posts
there isnt much of a difference in ride setup.. unless you get the bb with the new shocks..

all a bb does is push your coils down whatever amount of a lift you buy..

a good bb kit would be the re bb (rubicon express)..
their 3'' kit would be the coil spacers and new re shocks

a kit like that would be a better ride than just adding 1-2'' spacers by themselves..

the benefit of getting new coils/shocks (a 2'' kit would cost 320-350 at the cheapest) is that you can also add a 1-2'' bb on top of that.. like what im doing with my lift

·
Registered
836 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
the RE, where would I find this at, and price?

Will big tires mess up drivetrain: diff, transs, etc?

·
Registered
857 Posts
the RE, where would I find this at, and price?

Will big tires mess up drivetrain: diff, transs, etc?
It depends on your definition of "big tires". You shouldn't have any issues with the modest BB lift causing vibes in drivetrain or from an increase to a 31-32" tire. Possibly some minor rub issues with 32" depending on the back-space on your wheels.

·
Registered
2,974 Posts
try ebay..

·
Registered
857 Posts
Hell I've got a BB kit still in the box complete w/bump stop extensions (no shocks) I'll sell you for cost (decided to go a diff direction).

·
Registered
150 Posts
I just put on my Rubicon Express 2" BB last week and really like the difference in ride that I got. I got the cheaper kit from RE. They have one with better shocks, but both kits come with shocks. I do have a 1" body lift that I will be putting on hopefully this week... I will be running 33/12.50s in the next week or so hopefully lol... Good luck

1 - 13 of 13 Posts