Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Most dangerous moment, place, situation -whatever, I wanna hear it! I have a feeling there's some gold stories out there.

·
Registered
614 Posts
Pinned the needle at 100mph for about 10 seconds. It actually gets there surprisingly fast.

Of course, this was one a closed track.

·
Registered
723 Posts
I know I post this pic often, but entering this hole without checking the depth first. Winch paid for itself first time out.

image-465717212.jpg

·
Registered
5,616 Posts
Had it on its side twice and almost slid off a ridge line last year that would have resulted in a few hundred feet drop. These things got the heart pumping but I was more or less in control the whole time. The one thing that has shaken me up the most was hauling ass down a winding canyon road with around 30/40 foot drop offs into the Colorado river on one side and rock walls on the other. When I pulled off onto the dirt road going to the cabin we had rented a bolt fell off of my hydrologic assists causing my steering to lock up. If it would have done it 5 minutes sooner...........

·
Registered
581 Posts
A one night stand and I wasn't prepared. The tests came back negative, but I was sweating like a priest in a playground waiting for the phone call.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Brought it home without telling my wife!
Actually that sorta goes for me as-well. I traded my Tundra in on a 2014 JKU Sahara for my wife's anniversary gift last week. It was a spur of the moment purchase and took literally 1 hour for the deal and paperwork. Drove it to her work/school (elementary teacher) gave her a kiss and tossed her the keys. To see the look on her face and the physical beating I took was worth it.

Now I'm driving a prius :puke: First prius mod? Limo tint all the way around....

·
Registered
594 Posts
Bought some cokes at a bodega at 2am in overtown Miami. Was told by the clerk "we don't get too many of your kind here" I said, you mean good looking guys? Got the chuckle from my "brudda mon" me gots to give tanks and praze to JA.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Pretty funny stuff.

I've driven 100mph in my 78 CJ5... even going 70 in it is pretty unnerving. The most dangerous thing though was probably when I was going up a steep sandy hill and my carburetor flooded. When I started going back down backwards, the jeep was starting to slide sideways. I eventually lost total control of my steering and "fell" into some bushes. They luckily kept me from rolling. All my friends there thought I was screwed... I lost a bit of my jeep courage that day. I think twice about what I climb now. I reckon this is a problem I shouldn't really run into when I get my new jeep.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Shooting from inside

Recently did a partner tactical shooting course at TDI in Ohio. Part of the class was shooting in and around your own vehicle. I'd say it was pretty dangerous having you and your partner simultaneously drawing from holster and firing from inside, then exiting and taking cover. :happyyes:

Attachments

·
Registered
5,616 Posts
Recently did a partner tactical shooting course at TDI in Ohio. Part of the class was shooting in and around your own vehicle. I'd say it was pretty dangerous having you and your partner simultaneously drawing from holster and firing from inside, then exiting and taking cover. :happyyes:
I shot in an IDPA comp a few years ago where someone volunteered their car as a prop for one of the scenarios. Had to engage two targets from the back quarter of the car.
Poor white car had powder burns all over trunk and tail light at the end of the day.

·
Premium Member
695 Posts
Followed my GPS through a section of Baltimore we should have not been in. Decided the red lights meant go really fast.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts