Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have now done all new steering, new trac bar, upper and lower control arms, Rubicon express 3.5 lift w/ shocks, 295/70r17 nitto trail graps on 17x9 mayhem rampage wheels. I was looking at rock sliders, led bar and cubes, mean grill, headlights, rear tire carrier with matching spare, hi lift jack mount and you get it. What is the next best mod after tires, wheels, and lift? I know its my build but what do y'all think?

Attachments

·
Knows a couple things...
50,153 Posts
Your '97 needs a gas tank skidplate, like Savvy Off Road's aluminum skidplate. Early TJs like yours only came with very thin sheet metal under the plastic gas tank and it's rather easily punctured.

An oil pan skidplate and tub-mounted (which are far stronger, yes, than frame mounted) rocker guards would be on my short list as well.

·
Registered
3,099 Posts
Aftermarket rear bumper tire carrier with matching spare. Our wimpy tailgate hinges can't handle handle a 33" tire that you are running and you don't want a wimpy 30" spare back there either or have to actually drive with a smaller spare for long distances.

·
Registered
884 Posts
Your '97 needs a gas tank skidplate, like Savvy Off Road's aluminum skidplate. Early TJs like yours only came with very thin sheet metal under the plastic gas tank and it's rather easily punctured. An oil pan skidplate and tub-mounted (which are far stronger, yes, than frame mounted) rocker guards would be on my short list as well.
Yup, unless you built a pavement princess time to put some money underneath and in the gas tank to hit some trails!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.