Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
....in a non-rock crawler/non mudder 'just to make sure you got the basics' typical day?

·
Registered
1,349 Posts
I'm sure others will add additional items to the list, but here's what stays in my Jeep at all times.

Socket set (standard & metric)
rachet, extensions
open end / box end wrench set (standard & metric)
Torx wrench set
Allen wrench set
three pairs of pliers (asortment of sizes)
three crescent wrenches (asortment of sizes)
screwdrivers (assortment of sizes)
duct tape
bailing wire
tow strap
Warn winch
tree saver strap
snatch block
gloves
tire repair kit (tire plugging kit)
bottle jack
ViAir air compressor
clevis (two of them)
2' long shovel
tree branch cutter
bottled water

·
Registered
363 Posts
On a daily basis?

• Tow Strap
  • Jumper cables
  • Swiss tool
  • Tire gauge
  • Hi-lift
  • 4 sided lug wrench

The wheelin' list is quite a bit more extensive. :D

·
Registered
228 Posts
I'm sure others will add additional items to the list, but here's what stays in my Jeep at all times.
A good list and I have managed to get most of these items into one tool box, even an army shovel. Obviously some of the larger items will be an exception but I have worked the high lift jack under the seat and out of sight.

Each of us will have a few other things we will might come in handy and I always carry a fire extinquisher in each vehicle. At times when I'm going alone, I will even through a spare battery in that I carry in a plastic battery box. Most of it has not been used, but good to have. I'm out in the desert a lot so may be a little overly cautious.
I run a bungee cord through the handle which really has kept the tool box in place.

·
Registered
500 Posts
From my last Jeep:
Night vision goggles
SW M&P 9mm
500rnds 9mm (Remmington Golden Sabre)
Mossberg 590A1 (foldable due to available space in vehicle)
200rnds 12ga. slug and buck (each)
2 units of Semtex (and related 'wiring')
Quarter panel pod-mouted GD M134 (6 barrel 'minigun') w/350k rnds 7.62x51mm (hench the foldable stock on the Mossberg)
Home-made hood-mounted flamethrower with 2 5gal fuel tanks (who needs a front passenger seat??)
FIM-92E Stinger

...and this bad boy:

A fire extinguisher seemed counter-productive so I didn't carry any of that nonsense. :rolleyes:

No 2-way radio, no cell phone.

I didn't need help or backup...
I WAS BACKUP!!!:firedevil:

Then I met a friend, that grew into a few more. I suddenly realized that I was insecure and didn't need so much stuff....so I got rid the Gerber Multi-Tool :flipoff:

·
Registered
52 Posts
From my last Jeep:
Night vision goggles
SW M&P 9mm
500rnds 9mm (Remmington Golden Sabre)
Mossberg 590A1 (foldable due to available space in vehicle)
200rnds 12ga. slug and buck (each)
2 units of Semtex (and related 'wiring')
Quarter panel pod-mouted GD M134 (6 barrel 'minigun') w/350k rnds 7.62x51mm (hench the foldable stock on the Mossberg)
Home-made hood-mounted flamethrower with 2 5gal fuel tanks (who needs a front passenger seat??)
FIM-92E Stinger

...and this bad boy:

A fire extinguisher seemed counter-productive so I didn't carry any of that nonsense. :rolleyes:

No 2-way radio, no cell phone.

I didn't need help or backup...
I WAS BACKUP!!!:firedevil:

Then I met a friend, that grew into a few more. I suddenly realized that I was insecure and didn't need so much stuff....so I got rid the Gerber Multi-Tool :flipoff:
What are you doing waiting for the Zombie appocalyse? You seem more prepaired than the people on the Walking dead.:eek:

·
Registered
431 Posts
1/2" drive socket wrench kit
Allen Wrench's
Tow strap
Pocket knife
Screw driver
Pliers

·
Registered
146 Posts
Mylar blankets, machete, canteen, wind-up flashlight, compass, fire starter, ammo, NAA .380(in a safe under the seat), fishing supplies. That's just for daily around town stuff. More for fun times ;)

·
Registered
500 Posts
beakaroo71 said:
What are you doing waiting for the Zombie appocalyse? You seem more prepaired than the people on the Walking dead.:eek:
No...I'm from Detroit.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts