Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2017 JKU and I'm upgrading my stock stereo to an aftermarket Pioneer headunit. Pulled the dash panel off and was removing the metal bracket that the stock head unit backs up to. This small "black box" was attached to that metal bracket..... is this the Satellite radio tuner? Can I pull it out? I have the new radio in and it works great.... i still need to hook up the backup camera so when I go back in I was thinking about pulling this little box out if I don't need it....

Attachments

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
That looks like the uConnect module.. It takes care of the Bluetooth, and voice commands. (These functions aren't built in to the factory FCA radios. For those features you need the uConnect module).

https://www.infotainment.com/products/uconnect-hands-free-kit-high

If you have no need for factory BlueTooth or the voice command functions, then you can remove it.
The uConnect module is mounted behind the heating and AC controls. The 730N is the only head unit that has built in uConnect.

The module the OP pictured is actually the compass module for the compass in the dash display.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I thought I had read the U-Connect was the box down behind the AC controls. I had to pull that out so I could disconnect the mini-USB and then connect it to my new head unit. I wanted to retain the factory USB hook-up in the console.

So -- that little module is for the compass? --- I guess I'll leave it be then... I had done some research, watched a BUNCH of videos and couldn't find it mentioned or shown anywhere......

Thanks!

·
Registered
568 Posts
That's the heated seat module.

·
Registered
475 Posts
I turned mine 90* from its original position, and zip-tied it, tucked up to the right, and out of the way of the new head unit I installed.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I just kinda tucked it off to the side...... LOVING the new NEX-4200!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts