Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
317 Posts
That my friend is a JK8, saw one at the local dealership and it was running $47K! and it wasn't as modified as the one in your pic. so something like that is gonna be VERY SPENDY.

·
Registered
572 Posts
Looks like a brute force to me

·
Registered
8,554 Posts
Jeep JK8 plus a lift and other mods. The change to a pickup is a $6k conversion kit you can find here. (That's right--SIX THOUSAND DOLLARS just for the kit.) If you run "Jeep JK8" through Google, you'll find lots of pics.

I've read it takes a ridiculous amount of labor as well. Not the least of which is a lot of cutting, welding, and a factory quality paint job if you want it to look right. You can find them on dealer lots where the dealer did the conversion, but they're crazy expensive. Often creeping up toward $50k.

That, I expect, is why they're not that popular. They're not a particularly good pickup truck--small bed, relatively modest tow capacities, no leaf springs in the rear, etc. And while they're fine offroaders, they're no better than a JKU with the same mods.

So they're really a novelty item.

·
Registered
544 Posts
2012 for ~$30k here. The guy at the dealership is a big time Jeep guy. Window sticker says it comes with a Sunrider Soft Top too. :rofl:

·
Registered
372 Posts
It's a jku with an AEV brute conversion. The kit is like $7k and the labor is another $3-4k at the stealership. You should see the 4 door one they are making now. It is bad ass

·
Registered
3,171 Posts
WranglerJR83 said:
It's a jku with an AEV brute conversion. The kit is like $7k and the labor is another $3-4k at the stealership. You should see the 4 door one they are making now. It is bad ass
Nope its a jk8 kit a aev jk conversion looks like this and is not forsale as of yet

·
Registered
3,108 Posts
Dealers pay a local shop 10k for the kit/labor/paint for the install. Its a 4 door originally, I've seen them install 2 of them, pretty cool.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts