Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm sure a lot of the wiring harness is shared with other wrangler models, I'm just curious as to what this connector is for. It's under the steering column. The wires are colored black and white, white and pink, white and orange, purple and white.

Attachments

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That was fast, thank you!

·
Premium Member
2,866 Posts
I'm sure a lot of the wiring harness is shared with other wrangler models, I'm just curious as to what this connector is for. It's under the steering column. The wires are colored black and white, white and pink, white and orange, purple and white.

Do you have the SKIM enabled with the Gray ignition keys, or just the black keys?

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Just the black.

·
Premium Member
2,866 Posts
Just the black.
In that case and it was taped back to the main harness coming from the right side towards the column, it is probably the connector to the SKIM module.

Hard to tell the size in the pic, but the SKIM connector is about 5/8" wide and 1/4" tall.

·
Registered
3,136 Posts
The connector for the optional lighted mirror with compass is on the passenger side, under the top panel on the dash.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts