Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was underneath my Jeep and saw this hanging in the space between the intake manifold runners. I looks like it could, maybe should, screw to the IAC, which has a plate. 93 with 2.5 that PO installed a 4.0 TB and spacer. The number on the back seems to be 08025A3002.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,279 Posts
This is the first IAC delete i have ever seen. I guess Bubba did not like his jeep to idle without his foot on the throttle.

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have had the Jeep for 2.5 years and it idles fine. 800ish rpms. I guess I will attach it and see what happens. Worse thing can be is to unattach and reattach the homemade delete.

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Since, the IAC is non-functional, I am assuming PO manually adjusted the idle. What might the negative issues be?

·
Registered
9,000 Posts
Your Jeep won't give itself throttle when needed such as idling up a hill, also it won't self adjust to extreme changes of temperature or changes in altitude..

Otherwise probably no negatives

·
Los Angeles
1,005 Posts
looks like a hose clamp has been put on the iacv. Depending on open or closed would that cause the ecm to dump more or less fuel in causing a rich or lean condition?

I am a leaner towards correct, so I would get it back to working. I would buy a new iacv though because that one may be, prolly is, bad.

·
Registered
9,000 Posts

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
To recap what I've read here, elsewhere and after talking to a mechanic friend. The IAC is not a mission critical part and since it is idling correctly as is, leave it alone. There may be some bad idling at altitude or in cold weather. If I have misunderstood, please let me know.

·
Registered
821 Posts
It is a cheap part. I would buy a new one and put it back together as it should be. It is all but maybe a 10 min job.

Reactions: Gottagofast

·
Registered
9,000 Posts
That depends on who you ask. I would just buy whatever brand and call it good.

·
Registered
821 Posts
Yep that sure is a different use for a wire nut. Lol. Red neck engineering at its best.

Now don’t you feel better putting it back as it should be correctly?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts