Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently rolled my jeep a few times and messed up all the steering components. Tie rod etc; but trying to find the replacement parts are hard if you don't know the name =p
Any info or tips with replacement on this part is also greatly appreciated!!

Attachments

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
If you can't see it in the picture, it's the part that keeps the wheel straight. Now it freely turns

·
Registered
2,605 Posts
steering knuckle

·
Registered
2,605 Posts
I'd also get a ball joint separator. I found mine at harbor freight for like $12 on sale

·
Registered
2,605 Posts
High steer moves all the steering components higher, but with spring under axle or without at least 6" lift, high steer is useless unless you get bad vibrations

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Me and one passenger where air lifted, and the third didn't have a scratch on them. We are all fine now, thanks everyone!

·
Registered
72 Posts
WJ Knuckle upgrade? Cheap JY fix and get hi steer too! Glad you guys are ok

·
Registered
2,933 Posts
Yeah if you can afford to spend a couple hundred extra def go with the knuckle upgrade and high steer.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Thanks everyone!

The break list includes the knuckle, dust Sheild, all the steering/tie rod a stabilizer, tail light, and some new "character dents"
Nothing too bad could have been much worse!

Anyone have opinions on seat belts for wheeling? I've heard not wearing them could save your life and people who think we where dumb for not.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts