Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is located at the front end of my TJ, it's a 1997 Sahara Edition. It's a bar that was located under the plastic Jeep trim piece behind my OEM Bumper. It extends out on each side and trails under the Jeep. Does anyone know what this is and its criticalness to the Jeep and safety? Is this a trimmable piece to fit a winch?

Attachments

·
Registered
253 Posts
That's the sway bar. It reduces the body roll on the jeep and most people including myself will say to keep it. The plastic trim is unnecessary. Just an aesthetic piece

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's the sway bar. It reduces the body roll on the jeep and most people including myself will say to keep it. The plastic trim is unnecessary. Just an aesthetic piece
Okay new plan then buy a smaller winch...

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Winch mounts designed for the TJ should accommodate the sway bar and if it does not then most likely it's not for a TJ.
Ah but you see I bought a Warn Zeon 8 winch which is incredibly huge which I think is partially for aesthetic. To fit this even in my bumper I need to cut the hole bigger. In order to fit in and line the holes up the sway bar ends up being in the way possibly due to the way it juts out.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
You could look into doing an antirock
Doesn't work with the bumper let alone my poor budget at this point. A bunch of people tried and it just doesn't work unfortunately. The bumper is really strong and safe, good for deer collisions I go to school in upstate New York so its a decent fear. I can just return the winch or sell it and get a M8000 or suck up my pride and get a VR10000-S though the China production worries me. Those two are rated to fit the bumper.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts