Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Newbie here. Can you help me identify this black plastic tube thing? It's on the left side of the transmission case tucked up near the underbelly of the jeep body. It's leaking fluid. I'm guessing it's transmission fluid. There is a one foot puddle on the driveway. There is none of the normal pressure when pushing on the clutch - it moves too freely. The Jeep will not change gears.

I'm guessing this plastic part cracked and leaked all the transmission fluid and that's the cause of all the trouble.

Any insight appreciated.

Attachments

·
Registered
971 Posts
Hydraulic clutch fluid [Brake fluid] That actuates the clutch throw out bearing. Not sure if you have t replace just the line and fitting or the whole assembly but at 107k miles might be time for a complete clutch job including the hydraulic parts.

·
Premium Member
'89 YJ 4.2 with MC-2150 Carb & HEI, 2-1/2" Ex. AX-15, NP231 SYE, Adams shafts, F&R ARB, 3
3,963 Posts
more likely it's clutch fluid and will need to replace that line, check the clutch master cylinder under the hood, if it needs replacing would suggest finding a quality part, don't run to autozone just yet.

Reactions: agentq

·
Premium Member
'89 YJ 4.2 with MC-2150 Carb & HEI, 2-1/2" Ex. AX-15, NP231 SYE, Adams shafts, F&R ARB, 3
3,963 Posts
Can you post a couple pic at better angles

1 - 4 of 4 Posts