Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
got back from dealer this morning and found this on my seat. Anyone know what part this is and where it goes? i'd rather not have to run back to the dealer to figure it out. It looks like it just pops in somewhere but i can't find it.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,949 Posts
Looks like it might be a side window defroster vent but my 12 doesn't have one the looks like that. A 14+ might as there were small changes to the dash.

·
Super Moderator
23,754 Posts
what was it at the dealer for? that should give a clue.

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i thought you had it but i checked and the side vents are there.

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
what was it at the dealer for? that should give a clue.
ah, yes, details do help :)

it was in for an oil change but they said i had an open recall on passenger side airbag so that's where i assume this part came from. the part was laying on the driver side front seat. i didn't notice it until i was almost home as it was on the right edge near the seat belt clip.

·
Registered
3,112 Posts
I looked in my 2015JK HR and around the Glove box w/o results.

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
maybe it fell out of the mechanic's pocket and he is going nuts trying to find it for the other Jeep he was working on :)
i started thinking this too. while looking around for where the piece might fit i found a screw on the floor in the back seat. it is the same size screw & washer as in the sound bar (i've had them fall out before) but both mine were in

·
Registered
777 Posts
Glad i was able to help. I know it would have driven me crazy trying to figure out where it came from. Could the bolt you found in the back go under where that cover goes ?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

1 - 19 of 19 Posts