Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
615 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm swapping a stock airbox in for a K&N CAI that was installed by the PO and found that I am missing this hose:

it is 3/4" ID on the airbox side and 5/8" on the connection to the hard tube running to the valve cover.

I've been googling for an hour and have found the part on the 3.8 ("make up air hose") which is obviously not right and then I've found this one

https://www.moparpartdepot.com/oem-parts/mopar-pcv-hose-68083250ab

Which obviously does not look right.

Does anyone know the actual name and part number of this molded hose? For now I managed to jam a 5/8" heater hose on there, but it is putting pressure on the alternator harness, so I'd rather replace it with the correct molded hose.

Thanks in advance!

Reactions: vanhalo

·
Super Moderator
23,754 Posts
Make Up Air Hose - Mopar (52022313AB)
now go give a wino a dollar.

·
Registered
615 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Make Up Air Hose - Mopar (52022313AB)
now go give a wino a dollar.
So I've looked at that part and the diagrams and photos look nothing like what I"m seeing..

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
I'm swapping a stock airbox in for a K&N CAI that was installed by the PO and found that I am missing this hose:

it is 3/4" ID on the airbox side and 5/8" on the connection to the hard tube running to the valve cover.

I've been googling for an hour and have found the part on the 3.8 ("make up air hose") which is obviously not right and then I've found this one

https://www.moparpartdepot.com/oem-parts/mopar-pcv-hose-68083250ab

Which obviously does not look right.

Does anyone know the actual name and part number of this molded hose? For now I managed to jam a 5/8" heater hose on there, but it is putting pressure on the alternator harness, so I'd rather replace it with the correct molded hose.

Thanks in advance!
This is PCV intake hose, 52022313AB

·
Registered
615 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks. THat's two votes for #52022313AB. The weird thing is that a Google image search (and pulling that number on sites that sell it) displays an image of a hose that looks nothing like the original picture I posted.

Weird.

I guess for $15 I'll take a chance that the photos online are wrong.

Thanks gents!

·
Super Moderator
23,754 Posts
I got the part number off the part so unless jeep put the wrong part number on....

Attachments

Reactions: Cummins_Powered

·
Registered
615 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I got the part number off the part so unless jeep put the wrong part number on....

Is that the hard tube that clips to the valve cover or just the rubber portion that attaches to the air box? (Perhaps it’s sold as an assembly and that’s what is throwing me off...?)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
23,754 Posts
Pretty sure it's the whole enchilada

·
Registered
615 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Pretty sure it's the whole enchilada
Aha! I finally found a good enough resolution image to see it. You're right. I just need the part indicated in yellow, but the entire assembly must be purchsed.

Thankfully it was only $17 on amazon with shipping.

Thanks again!

·
Registered
427 Posts
Aha! I finally found a good enough resolution image to see it. You're right. I just need the part indicated in yellow, but the entire assembly must be purchsed.

Thankfully it was only $17 on amazon with shipping.

Thanks again!

Lol. I am in the process of doing the exact same thing. Took me an hour or so to find this thread.
Now I know what to buy.
I was going to replace it today with stock but realized I needed this part.

·
Registered
615 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Lol. I am in the process of doing the exact same thing. Took me an hour or so to find this thread.
Now I know what to buy.
I was going to replace it today with stock but realized I needed this part.
Yep! 4 hours of internet research and 5 minuted to install the part. lol. Now I have a backup plastic tube if I ever need it...

Reactions: vanhalo
1 - 12 of 12 Posts