Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
705 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
And where does it go? Been floating around the back floorboard of my Jeep since day one. For the life of me, can't find its home. It is stamped "CAPLUGS 9325 >E/VAC< 23". CG

·
Registered
44 Posts
I don't know what "where are the jeep plugs" means, but those are indeed drain plugs. If they didn't come from your cargo area, check the locations under the seats.

·
Premium Member
233 Posts
That is a rubber drain plug for the floor pan. There are various drain holes/plugs on the floor of the jeep under the carpet. One must not have been installed all the way and fell out.

·
Registered
265 Posts
If it was all the way in the back, check the bottom of the storage compartment under the carpet. Lift the carpet and pull plastic tray out. Should be one there.

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
Looks like plug in back door but sure you would notice it gone
This is what it is. I don't have a floor plug that looks quite like whats pictured. Close, but a little different.

If you have both of yours, someone dropped one on the line and just grabbed another one instead of searching for that one.

·
Registered
3,060 Posts
Unless that guy has monster hands, I think the plug he has is smaller than the ones on the tailgate. To me it looks like the little drain plug that goes under where the back seat latches in on my JK. He has a JKU so I don't know if they have something similar.

·
Registered
705 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
They are the same size as the two in the tail gate. But they're both there. So the hunt begins...

·
Registered
10,420 Posts
Or the guy/gal on the assembly line dropped one, and didn't have the time to look for it. I am sure it is easier for them to just grab another one.

While not so much with my Jeep, I use to collect up all the loose screws and small parts, I would find in various locations on my new vehicles (under the back seat was usually a gold mine). Never know when you might need one, at some point in the future.

·
Registered
4,142 Posts
They are the same size as the two in the tail gate. But they're both there. So the hunt begins...
As someone said above, it was likely dropped by someone installing it at the factory, I have torn everything out of the back of my JKU and there are no other spots for that plug to go to. Stick it in a jar marked Jeep parts, someday you may need it.

·
Registered
509 Posts
Check under the jack. If that is where it is from, and you occasionally get into water or get rained on with the top off, leave it out! That compartment will hold water and will rust the jack, handle, etc.

·
Premium Member
2,826 Posts
Check under the jack. If that is where it is from, and you occasionally get into water or get rained on with the top off, leave it out! That compartment will hold water and will rust the jack, handle, etc.
It's funny you should mention that. We looked in the small jack compartment for the first time last Saturday, low and behold it was under water and had been that way for some time. Got caught in a major downpour with back windows and rear window removed on our Trek NX. At the time we looked in the tool box area and had no water whatsoever, but surprise it all went in there apparently. Pulled the plug (which looks bigger than the OPs plug) but similar design. Thankfully it had not gotten musty and all slimmed up yet.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts