Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just noticed black felt that is glued to the seat belt receiver. Any ideas on what this is for?
Is it something that the dealer forgot to remove when they prepped the vehicle?

ForumRunner_20160130_143809.jpg

·
Registered
236 Posts
It's a protective layer to keep the center console from becoming scratched up. The dealer didn't forget to remove it, it's supposed to be there.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I've always thought that was to prevent scuffing of the seatbelt against the center. I could be totally off though.

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
I just noticed black felt that is glued to the seat belt receiver. Any ideas on what this is for?
Is it something that the dealer forgot to remove when they prepped the vehicle?

View attachment 2786362
DO NOT REMOVE IT! Under penalty of federal law! Just like the tags on mattresses. I think it's the way the government monitors us, I have been called paranoid, though.
Or it could just be a scratch protector.

·
Registered
3,112 Posts
Buckle MAY make an obnoxious noise when being released from the belt caused by the releasing of tension and then knocking against the center console.
Noise dampener, that is all.

·
Registered
240 Posts
On my jeep this fabric is two different textures on driver and passenger side, with the driver's being rougher and the passenger smoother. Anyone else notice this?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts