Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's that new gameshow, I Bought a Used Vehicle and I Don't Know What the Hell this Part Is!

Seriously though, any help would be great. Thinking either it's for my winch or some sort of ecu booster. Thanks.

Attachments

·
Registered
971 Posts
Looks to be a on off pair of relay switches not OEM probably for lights or other acc. which may or may not still be on the jeep.

·
Super Moderator
23,754 Posts
driving light switch is my guess. I know Piaa made something similar.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ok, it's definitely the lower lights in my Warn bumper. The unit can be powered on if the lights are on. And a program button can be pushed off or on. Nothing though seems to turn the lights on though. The three modes on the bottom don't light up, and program or power can't be hit more than once to select different modes. Any clue how to actually work this thing?

Attachments

·
Registered
623 Posts
Looks like the Warn SDB-160. I think the best bet would be to call them for instructions (I couldn't find it online). Do you have a fog light detent on your left stalk that might trigger it? Alternatively rip the dash open and figure out the wiring. Looks like there is a yellow trigger wire that lots of people had trouble with.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Looks like the Warn SDB-160. I think the best bet would be to call them for instructions (I couldn't find it online). Do you have a fog light detent on your left stalk that might trigger it? Alternatively rip the dash open and figure out the wiring. Looks like there is a yellow trigger wire that lots of people had trouble with.
Thanks you're a lifesaver! I need to figure out where the fog light control is, if any. Not seeing anything, but then again, I'm not familiar with this year Wrangler.

It makes sense it's a Warn, seems everything on this Jeep is.

I'll do some more research. Thanks again for your help!

·
Registered
104 Posts
Thanks you're a lifesaver! I need to figure out where the fog light control is, if any. Not seeing anything, but then again, I'm not familiar with this year Wrangler.

It makes sense it's a Warn, seems everything on this Jeep is.

I'll do some more research. Thanks again for your help!
Tis part of the light switch, the end cap is pulled out while at least the driving lights are on. And on the display it will also fog light icon will also come on.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Tis part of the light switch, the end cap is pulled out while at least the driving lights are on. And on the display it will also fog light icon will also come on.

Well, that's embarrassing. It works now :drinks:

You earned a like.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Join the club!!! I had actually passed over it in the manual but then found the answer on these forums too :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts