Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Detail Oriented
3,174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been cannibalizing my dead 2003 SE into my 2003 Sport.

As I have done this I have found various connectors that do nothing and seem to go nowhere.

I need to know what this guy is supposed to do. Meaning what feature am I missing out on here? Both the SE and the Sport are original soft top TJs. And I am wondering whether this is wiring that would have powered the on/off switch for the hard top rear wiper motor. Anyone know offhand what this harness would have powered? (it is one of the dummy switch covers in the bottom by the 12v power sockets, number three of the four blank switch covers.)

·
Registered
61 Posts
I have a 02 Sahara hard top, and one of the switches are rear wipers and another is rear window defrost. I know the set up is different but here's a pic of my switches;

Attachments

·
Registered
348 Posts
03 sahara; defroster, wiper, overdrive. Ash tray or blank plate is what i have w my switches.

·
Detail Oriented
3,174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
My two 2003 TJs both have four blanks and no ash tray, with two power jacks, one that is switched and one that is not.

Jerry: Overdrive? Are you serious? Would that be a feature on an auto? (Both of mine are manuals.)

It is odd that Jeep wires up for some options or features and leaves the spaces empty, yet does not for others. For instance, why would they include the harness for an OD switch but not the stuff for the hard top? I would retrofit a hard top FAR sooner than I would an overdrive module. It is like both of these having the wiring connector for the electric rearview mirror that neither of them have. Baffling...

·
Registered
222 Posts
You guys need to get someone with a rubicon to send in a pic. I think its for lockers. Mines an '04 with a soft top and my 4 banks are rear wiper, rear defrost, two empties only I used those for aux lighting. On jk it's for lockers.

·
Knows a couple things...
49,389 Posts
My two 2003 TJs both have four blanks and no ash tray, with two power jacks, one that is switched and one that is not.

Jerry: Overdrive? Are you serious? Would that be a feature on an auto? (Both of mine are manuals.
100% serious, 2003 and newer automatics have an overdrive switch there. The same wiring harness is used for auto and manual transmissions.

·
Motorized toy collector
3,763 Posts
My 04 TJ. Rear hardtop defrost-wiper/washer--overdrive off, and one blank that would be for lockers if mine was a Rubicon. I have a switch for my lightbar in that blank. To the right, in the ashtray blank, is my solution for my little non-Rubicon problem.

·
Registered
2,173 Posts
I have a 2004 Sahara and it is to turn overdrive off. It's an automatic, so how many speeds does that transmission have and does that include overdrive?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts