Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Friends, I recently purchased a Bestop Supertop NX for my '13 JK. Here's a few pics. Is it just me or are my windows not fitting correctly? When I'm driving it's flapping completely in the wind, am I just being Obsessive or is it supposed to fit flush? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

image-1878871604.jpg

image-3383540366.jpg

image-4069595152.jpg

·
Registered
2,921 Posts
You need to undo the velcro and unzip the zipper all but about 6 inches undo the velcro let the window sit there loosely on the velcro start the front edge in the door Channel from the top, start the bottom push the bottom in the cross tuck the rest of the frontside into the door Channel then finish the zip in all the way around and reattach the velcro.

·
Registered
178 Posts
As BagerX2 said, you do not have them on all the way.

Unzip the window most of the way and loose the velcro. Now open the door and that part you are holding, tuck that in behind the surround..it should look and feel almost like a square then zip it back up, velcro and hit the other side.

I did that same thing when I first got my soft top and had that very same question. :)

·
Registered
90 Posts
I had the same question, glad you posted it here OP and people responded. Now makes sense to me.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Glad I searched before I posted the exact same question about the Supertop NX. However I am making sure that I get the square edge tucked around the door surround. When I try to close the door, the air being pushed in front of the door edge blows the edge of the window out, so it isn't tucked properly when the door shuts. To combat that, I held the edge of the window down, and pressed the door up against it and then just gave the door a shove to make it latch. The window seemed to be sealed properly, but after a 15 mile drive, with speeds of no more than 60 mph, both sides came out and started flapping.

Is there something else I can do to make sure the windows stay tucked in the doors? My pictures look exactly like the OPs.

Thanks,
Keith

·
Registered
1 Posts
Glad I searched before I posted the exact same question about the Supertop NX. However I am making sure that I get the square edge tucked around the door surround. When I try to close the door, the air being pushed in front of the door edge blows the edge of the window out, so it isn't tucked properly when the door shuts. To combat that, I held the edge of the window down, and pressed the door up against it and then just gave the door a shove to make it latch. The window seemed to be sealed properly, but after a 15 mile drive, with speeds of no more than 60 mph, both sides came out and started flapping.

Is there something else I can do to make sure the windows stay tucked in the doors? My pictures look exactly like the OPs.

Thanks,
Keith
The solution was already posted, but I can understand how it is difficult to see.

If you open the door, look closely at the door surround where you are trying to wrap the window around it. Hopefully you'll notice a slot in the door surround, running right along the edge of your window panel. You need to pull the window closer to the door surround and press the window into that slot, kind of similar to how the bottom of the window attaches to the body of the jeep.

A lot of people miss this when putting on a soft top, I did this a few days ago.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Thanks for your help. I got the windows installed - correctly this time - and they are in solidly. When I installed the top on Friday, I thought that was how the windows were supposed to fit, but I couldn't get them to stretch far enough to fit around the door surround, as I had zipped the window all the way. I'm glad I looked here before I called Bestop and cursed them out for making a bad product!

Keith

The solution was already posted, but I can understand how it is difficult to see.

If you open the door, look closely at the door surround where you are trying to wrap the window around it. Hopefully you'll notice a slot in the door surround, running right along the edge of your window panel. You need to pull the window closer to the door surround and press the window into that slot, kind of similar to how the bottom of the window attaches to the body of the jeep.

A lot of people miss this when putting on a soft top, I did this a few days ago.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts