Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Build Thread Queen
13,193 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
I'm trying to work out a name for mine to, I've only had it for about a month now. I have a couple options I am thinking of, here's just a few; George, Georgia, Henrietta, king, Orange king George, etc. I'm all over the map, can't decide if I want a girl or a guys name, a title, something humorous or what. Front runners are Henrietta and Georgia though.

Planning on doing the same thing, I'm picking up adhesive vinyl tonight to make a custom decal of the name, I'm going to use that 70's font that's kind of like a bubbly cursive, You know the one.

My last vehicle was a dinky little car, her name was Topanga (yes, like from boy-meets-world)

·
Registered
244 Posts
Red 2DR Sport named Rosie after my dog growing up that was a reddish lab/Shepard mix who we had to put down a couple years back. I'm also a big AC/DC fan who happens to love the song Whole Lotta Rosie.

The name will just some to you when it's right :happyyes:

·
Premium Member
1,551 Posts
I tie mine into the paint color somehow. And a jeep is gonna be just like a girl. Wonderful, fun, cantankerous, taking $$, lol. My old Copperhead was "Piper" (copper pipes), my new Hydro is "Dhory"(finding nemo, big and blue, uses same letters)

Joe

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
Depends on if I'm driving it or working on it. If I'm wrenching on it, it may have several different names. None of them printable here.

·
Registered
6,400 Posts
The TJ is Ruby the JKU is Sara. Not very imaginative, but descriptive.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I've seen a lot of people mention on the forums how their jeeps have female names because they are like women, in terms of maintenance, cost, tlc, attractive appearance, frustration, etc.
But they're a lot like guys to; simple, utilitarian, irresponsible... kind of a sidekick that you take on your adventures!
I could see a jeep being either gender.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Mine is Rubi. It didn't take too much thought and I realize that there are plenty of others with the same name. I do plan on some small mods using red against the black so I can justify the name a little more. I like it and never had any second thoughts about it.

·
Registered
464 Posts
I guess I'm not a fan of all of the personalization tchotchkes that people do to their jeeps. This is more of a fly-over state phenomenon.

I would never name my Jeep, but my little 4 year old always says "let's go for a ride in the jeepcar." So I guess that's it ... JeepCar.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Since the day I got it, I was having a difficult time naming my jeep. Ask the kids one time and out came "Emmet". Why, because it is orange which is the color Emmet wears in the Lego Movie. Took a look at my Jeep and it stuck....

My advise for those who are trying to name their jeep, don't. Let someone else do it...

Attachments

·
Registered
269 Posts
My TJ was Homer. The JKUR is nameless, my bro suggested Bumblebee, like the Transformer. I liked Rollbar, also a Transformer, but my wife did not like it. My bro named her car the Enterprise. I'm thinking of Sasquatch, mainly because it won't get wheeled as much as I'd like to wheel, so if you do see it on the trail, no one will believe you :D

·
Registered
676 Posts
My TJ was Homer. The JKUR is nameless, my bro suggested Bumblebee, like the Transformer. I liked Rollbar, also a Transformer, but my wife did not like it. My bro named her car the Enterprise. I'm thinking of Sasquatch, mainly because it won't get wheeled as much as I'd like to wheel, so if you do see it on the trail, no one will believe you :D
Mine is Hound after the Autobot, you could do Swindle...the Decepticon Jeep.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Jackson Jeep

·
Registered
772 Posts
Betty Blue.

1 - 20 of 66 Posts