Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to put a chip in my 97 wrangler but I don't know what one to pick. Anyone have any suggestions?

·
Registered
171 Posts
jeepboy1022 said:
I want to put a chip in my 97 wrangler but I don't know what one to pick. Anyone have any suggestions?
I hate to say it, I played the game with chips, cold air intakes, cat delete, high flow exhaust, the best I got was about 138hp at the wheels on the dyno. I finally bit the bullet and put on a supercharger, 48lb injectors, and a high Volume fuel pump. Here is my last dyno run. My opinion just get it over with or use your money on real chips, chili cheese Fritos are delicious and worth the money! Lol

Attachments

·
Registered
354 Posts
There's a lot less computer stuff in a TJ than a JK. TJ is rugged in comparison. Based on that fact alone, I would assume chips wouldn't do much, if anything, for a TJ...

Garden Salsa Sun Chips and Salsa Verde Doritos get my vote.

·
Registered
568 Posts
Ruffles have ridges

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
Don't waste your money on anything but black corn chips with my wife's garden fresh salsa..

·
Registered
21 Posts
A friend of mine put the edge kit in his 2000 wrangler an there was a big diff, the kit was around 8-900.00 bucks! but with a bored out throttle body, proper headers exhaust an cat, you can get the same or more..

·
Knows a couple things...
49,633 Posts
By federal EPA law, chips can only only change anything to help improve performance when the engine is at wide-open throttle and at or near redline RPMs. In other words, they won't help around town or offroad in a way you'd benefit from unless you're at the dragstrip.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts