Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of January's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Super Moderator
14,361 Posts
Before I had my Wrangler I had a Cherokee. A mildly built Cherokee is almost as agile as a mildly built Wrangler (and a whole lot more comfortable). Get a 6 cylinder. Most Cherokees are automatic but some Jeepers find that to be a good thing.

Good Luck, L.M.

·
Super Moderator
14,361 Posts
We are a current owner of a ‘77 CJ7, which we’ve had for several years. Now, we have a one year old and I’ve struggled over the past year not being able to easily jump in the Jeep to go for a quick ride with the baby. Planning to have another baby soon, so needing to find a solution. This likely means adding another Jeep to the collection! I’m looking for recommendations on year and models of the wrangler from folks with experience. Obviously, will be in rear-facing car seats for a couple years. Not wanting anything brand new. This will not be our primary family vehicle, but something we enjoy on the several hundred acres we have access to and riding near the house. Any recommendations or experience out there? Momma is ready to enjoy the outdoors more with the babies!

Outside the box.

Remove your CJ back seat and store it in the garage.Set the car seat in the cargo area and rig up some secure tie downs. Maybe even use part of the rear seatbelts. It's difficult to suggest exactly how to do it without looking at the cargo area of a CJ. Heavy duty ratchet straps might make an ideal way to secure the kiddie seat. Load and unload little Johnnie from the tailgate. Leave enough room for a second kiddie seat, attached the same way as the first.

If you do something like this, post some pics.Once the kids are big enough for a booster seat, reinstall the rear seat. You might check to see if a family style roll bar from a 1991 & newer YJ will fit your CJ so that you can install rear shoulder belts.

Good Luck, L.M.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts