Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
687 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i'm going to start shopping for a 2016 JK Hard Rock. What kind of % off MSRP or Invoice are you guys that ordered them getting? I had a dealer in CA tell me they don't negotiate much on 'em. I can buy in NY or CA. Thanks

·
Registered
687 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I've been hearing the Hard Rock is something they don't budge from invoice. Some dealers charge $300 to $500 over invoice, and then some kind of admin or doc fees on top to hike it up more. Sport, Sahara, and Rubicon buyers get better deals 2-5% under invoice some with fees others w/o fees. I found a local dealer that would do invoice plus tax and plates, no other fees.

Again this is for a 2016 JK Rubicon Hard Rock, so I'm curious about Hard Rock deals. Thanks-AD

·
Registered
23 Posts
i'm going to start shopping for a 2016 JK Hard Rock. What kind of % off MSRP or Invoice are you guys that ordered them getting? I had a dealer in CA tell me they don't negotiate much on 'em. I can buy in NY or CA. Thanks
This is what I was quoted from a dealer near me. Gonna shop around though because I feel I can get it a bit lower.

Rubicon Unlimited
Bright White
Customer Preferred Package 24J
Freedom Top Black 3 Piece Hardtop
Add 4.10 Axle Ratio
Air Conditioning with Automatic Temperature Control
Radio 430N AM/FM/CD/DVD/MP3/ HDD/NAV

Remote Start System

$42,219 (MSRP:$46,315) plus tax, title and licensing.

·
Registered
23 Posts
This is what I was quoted from a dealer near me. Gonna shop around though because I feel I can get it a bit lower.

Rubicon Unlimited
Bright White
Customer Preferred Package 24J
Freedom Top Black 3 Piece Hardtop
Add 4.10 Axle Ratio
Air Conditioning with Automatic Temperature Control
Radio 430N AM/FM/CD/DVD/MP3/ HDD/NAV

Remote Start System

$42,219 (MSRP:$46,315) plus tax, title and licensing.

·
Premium Member
1,060 Posts
They do budge on Hard Rocks...

The highest you should pay is 1% under invoice. That's easy to get with having a Chrysler Affiliates discount (Tread Lightly is a way for anyone to get that for a $100 membership fee).

I negotiated with dealers in multiple states (CO, AZ, UT, TX) and they all offered ~5% or more below invoice on my 2015 JKUR HR.

·
Registered
150 Posts

The highest you should pay is 1% under invoice. That's easy to get with having a Chrysler Affiliates discount (Tread Lightly is a way for anyone to get that for a $100 membership fee).

I negotiated with dealers in multiple states (CO, AZ, UT, TX) and they all offered ~5% or more below invoice on my 2015 JKUR HR.
I was working in 3 JKUHR's within a few hundred miles from me with 2 being sold today/yesterday and the other dickhead telling me he will not budge off his $1000 OVER invoice price.

·
Registered
150 Posts

What TX dealers were these and what kinda of options did they have? They seem more inclined to deal on the 6spd manuals than the autos.

·
Premium Member
1,060 Posts
Check out the options listed in my signature...

·
Registered
150 Posts
Check out the options listed in my signature...
Thanks. I actually had to actually fly from TX to Phoenix to pickup my new 4Runner last year as TX dealers are an absolute joke when it comes to car pricing.

Not holding my breath to find a good deal in my State yet again. :rant:

·
Registered
687 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I just got an email from a dealership GM, a friend of my father who will do invoice, no fun fees, doc fees, or finance mgr. bullsh$t. Just add tax and plates. Not bad but I'll shop some more.

I got an email from a friend of mine on this site and he said he was quoted $500 over invoice and another $600 in processing fees for a hard rock. That's nuts!-AD

·
Registered
687 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

I heard of 5% under invoice on everything but the hard rock, SRT8 and a few others. When they give that 5% off they add in a processing fee for $500 or more wiping out a good portion of the savings. I knew this was gonna be a PITA so i'm prepared.-AD

·
Registered
420 Posts
If you search around the forums/google you can figure out which stores will go well under invoice pricing (5-7% under) regardless of Jeep model you're looking for. Mine stickered at $40k and I got it for around $34,500.

If some of those stores are too far away from you, you can always just join Tread Lightly for $100, wait 30 days 'til it kicks in and get anything you want for 1% under invoice. I see guys all time who are happy because they got a little under the sticker price when in reality they could have paid a lot less with just a little effort and some patience.

·
Registered
98 Posts
I was working in 3 JKUHR's within a few hundred miles from me with 2 being sold today/yesterday and the other dickhead telling me he will not budge off his $1000 OVER invoice price.
I certainly would not pay over invoice but it does seem to depend on area. In Atlanta, hard rocks don't sit long on the lot and no no dealer is compelled to discount much with that demand. Especially the black ones like I was looking for. If they didn't sell right off the truck they were only on lots a day or two.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Where in CA are you buying? If you are up north I had good experience dealing with both Red Bluff and Redding Jeep dealerships. I contacted almost 40 dealerships in northern CA and they were the most responsive and were willing to give me the best price. Another plus is that the sales tax there is lower than a lot of other places in CA. I ordered a pretty base model so it may be different for the model you are interested in.

·
Premium Member
1,060 Posts
I heard of 5% under invoice on everything but the hard rock, SRT8 and a few others. When they give that 5% off they add in a processing fee for $500 or more wiping out a good portion of the savings. I knew this was gonna be a PITA so i'm prepared.-AD
I bought a Hard Rock and got that discount. I did not have a processing fee added for using the discount.

1 - 20 of 59 Posts