Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am running BFG's A/T's T305/70R16 and doing mostly running around the city, so what I'm wondering what is the best tire pressure I should use on and off road?

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Tire Automotive tire

·
Registered
3,197 Posts
I run my 33s at 26psi. I'd think you'd be good for about that (26-28) for your size. Offroad I go down to 12psi. I'm afraid of losing a bead any lower.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I checked them last week and they were all at 22 psi, so I will add some more next week when I get home and see how she rides.

With the 22, she is kinda SQUISHY at slow speeds, so this should make her ride a little better.

·
Registered
496 Posts
the day i bought mine i thought i would see what the tires were at.45psi..lol.

·
Registered
613 Posts
My 33/12,5/15 BFG All Terrains I run at 22 psi on the roads and freeway, air down between 12-15 off road. Haven't noticed any uneven tire wear.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the advice guys!

Side note:

This forum is AWESOME with everyone's knowledge and helpfulness.

·
Registered
13 Posts
When America's Tire installed my new Cooper Discoverer STT 32x11.50R15's on my LJ, I noticed that only the center treads were meeting the pavement while the outside and inside treads were having no contact. I checked the air pressure and it was 33-34 lbs. I dropped it down to 29 lbs and it's better but still not making full contact. So I'm going to drop it down to 28 lbs and see if the full tire tread meets the street. If it doesn't, I'll keep dropping a pound until it does.

·
Registered
613 Posts
When America's Tire installed my new Cooper Discoverer STT 32x11.50R15's on my LJ, I noticed that only the center treads were meeting the pavement while the outside and inside treads were having no contact. I checked the air pressure and it was 33-34 lbs. I dropped it down to 29 lbs and it's better but still not making full contact. So I'm going to drop it down to 28 lbs and see if the full tire tread meets the street. If it doesn't, I'll keep dropping a pound until it does.
Do you have chalkboard chalk, you could run a line across the tire and drove a block or so and see how much of the line wears off to get your tire contact pattern.

·
Knows a couple things...
49,633 Posts
The problem with that is it's the rare tire where the entire tread is supposed to make contact with the pavement. For a 32x11.50 tire, I'd run 28-29 psi.

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
Im running a 10" wide rim with 33x1250x15 mts and i run 20-22 up front and 18-19 in the rear with no problems and air down to 7-10psi depending on the terrain (rock, mud, water, etc) never lost a bead and the tread is wearing very even, its my dd and i drive it quite a bit. hope any of this is helpful.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts