Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering about replacing my stock headlights with LED. I know there are many options out there and wanted to get good quality light, looks good, and is fairly priced. I would also do the fog lights. I see Quadrtec and others.. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
424 Posts
I have q-tech stealth headlights. huge improvement over candles jeep installs at the factory. PM rick at q-tech for a price quote. great lights at food price.

·
Registered
548 Posts
I was wondering about replacing my stock headlights with LED. I know there are many options out there and wanted to get good quality light, looks good, and is fairly priced. I would also do the fog lights. I see Quadrtec and others.. Any suggestions?
There seem to be about 3-4 LED options.

1) The inexpensive, china, ebay version. From what I see here, in the $150-$200 range. Mixed reviews. Some hate them, some say they are great.

2) Quadratec Version. Unsure where made, and mid-priced. $400 listed, but, hit up Rick on these forums for a much better price. Backed by a company that will back their price.

3) There is a slew of other mid priced ones..Truck Lites, KC, and a bunch in the $450-$550 range. Quad name brand tend to be slightly less expensive than the "all vehicle type: companies.

4) JW Speaker. The most expensive of the popular LED replacements. $700 or so, and they really stand out with their looks even when not lit up. Again, hit up Rick from Quad for better than listed prices.

I have installed The Quad and JW Speakers on 2 different Jeeps. Both are very easy to install, and are plug-n-play.

I personally have the Quad Stealth LEDs and love the benefits, and the price (Again, from Rick on these forums cannot be stressed enough). I did not a ton of searching around, and found these to be great in quality, price, and outcome.

Some are happy with just a bulb/lenses change (but, my guess is they have not tried the LED..hahahaha)

Some headlamps are NOT DOT approved. Kinda important when it comes down to locale inspections, police, or insurance companies investigating accidents.

Use the search engine, I know there is a huge thread somewhere comparing a bunch of tech stuff.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I think I have narrowed down to the Quadratec. Where is Rick on these forums? How does one get in contact with?

·
Registered
459 Posts
The JW Speaker Evo-J's for our Jeeps from Northridge4x4 are $475/pair if you call them.

Made in the USA with a lifetime warranty.

·
Registered
343 Posts
I just dropped some coin on HID Projectors. They have a special going if you spend $800+ you get a free grille of choice. I was going to to purchase no matter what, figured might as well.

·
Registered
424 Posts
Look in vendors section of forum. Or do search on q-tech headlights. He usually pops in consistently in those threads

·
Registered
319 Posts
I have TruckLite LED headlights in my JKU and Harley and had them on my TJ as well. They are less money than the JW, but more than the china junk. I have been very happy with them and prefer to pay a little more for something made in the USA when I can. Here is a link to their site and they have an interesting video.

http://www.truck-lite.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/GenericView?storeId=10001&langId=-1&pageName=/home.jsp

These are the same LED's that the military uses in the HMMV's and MWRAP's.

·
Registered
529 Posts
The Petersons are really great too. (Same as the KCs except look better and cheaper).

·
Registered
36 Posts
I installed the JW Speaker Evo's within 2 days of buying my JK. Ive been very happy with them. Easy install (took 20 mins) plug and play.

·
Vendor
1,124 Posts
We carry Truck Lite/Rigid, JW Speaker, KC, and Lifetime LED. By far the most popular are TRuck Lite/Rigid and JW Speaker. I run TL's in my TJ and we have a 2016 here at our Colorado store running the JW 8700 J's and 279 J taillights. We normally have some pretty good deals on LED's but if you call me at 866-601-5340 I will get you a smoking deal on the JW Speakers. Even better if you buy headlights, fogs, and taillights at the same time!

-Tim

·
Registered
47 Posts
I have run the HIDProjectors and the J.W. Evo 2's. The reliability on the HIDs was not worth it for me, and the warranty does not help that.

The JW ones are lifetime warranty, more reliable (in my experience), and equal on how well they perform.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts