Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2011 wrangler Sahara unlimited

Hey guys I been lookin around for a little while now at some lift kits. I know for sure I want to put 35x12.5 bfgoodrich ko2 on my jeep. I feel they are the best tire for where I live and wht I want to do and I have been looking at the following lifts

3.25 inch rought country suspension spring and spacer system with performance 2.2 shocks

3.5 inch rugged ridge ORV suspension system

3.5 inch rough country series II suspension lift system with premium n2.0 series shocks

4 inch rough country suspension lift system with performance 2.2 series shocus

What are your thoughts on which one I should go with and why? or is there any other recommendations for a better lift? I do not have all the money in the world to spend so trying to keep budget as low as possible and I would only be doing some light offroading no extreme articulation or anything crazy maybe just some light trails or searching for some good fishing spots.

Thanks in advance :)

·
Registered
426 Posts
I just ordered the 3.5 inch rugged ridge ORV suspension system for my 08. I hope to have it in a week or two. I am on the fence on tires.

Looking at Mickey Thompson Deegan 38, or the new Pit Bull PBX A/T Hardcore.

I have a build thread going. As soon As I get the lift going I will let you know my thoughts!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I just ordered the 3.5 inch rugged ridge ORV suspension system for my 08. I hope to have it in a week or two. I am on the fence on tires.

Looking at Mickey Thompson Deegan 38, or the new Pit Bull PBX A/T Hardcore.

I have a build thread going. As soon As I get the lift going I will let you know my thoughts!
Great! I look forward to hearing your review on the lift.

·
Retired Moderator
100,475 Posts
I moved your Thread to the JK General Forum. You should receive more responds to you question in this Forum.

·
Registered
428 Posts
For me, I like the AEV 2.5" lift, which when combined with the 35" tires lifted my Jeep 4" above stock. With the 2.5" kit, the geometric changes to the suspension are not significant enough to create a variety of potential issues down under. This 4" total height increase feels to me like an ideal set-up for both daily street driving and weekend off-roading. Not too high, not too low.

AEV 2.5" lift with Nitto 35's on our Rubi HR

AEV 2.5" lift with Nitto 35's on our Sahara

·
Registered
349 Posts
I also suggest the AEV 2.5" kit with the 35s especially since the KO2s run small. I have the AEV 3.5" kit, and 35" Duratracs looked too small to me so I was forced against my will to go up to 37s after just a couple of months :D

Here's mine with the 35s...the lift looks too tall to my eyes:

·
Super Moderator
16,382 Posts
The only lift on your list worth talking about is the Rough Country 3.5 Series II. It's not a great lift, based on WF opinion, but covers all the bases. The others are all missing important components like caster correction, etc. RC shocks aren't great and the 3.25 might be the worst lift ever made for a JK. Fortunately, we have a member with the 3.5 Series II and hopefully he will chime in. @Bencalexander

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I also suggest the AEV 2.5" kit with the 35s especially since the KO2s run small. I have the AEV 3.5" kit, and 35" Duratracs looked too small to me so I was forced against my will to go up to 37s after just a couple of months

Here's mine with the 35s...the lift looks too tall to my eyes:

Hmm really? I had bought an rc 2.5" lift buy sold it bcuz I wasn't sure 2.5" would be enough for 35's obviously the aev would be better I will check it out for sure.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The only lift on your list worth talking about is the Rough Country 3.5 Series II. It's not a great lift, based on WF opinion, but covers all the bases. The others are all missing important components like caster correction, etc. RC shocks aren't great and the 3.25 might be the worst lift ever made for a JK. Fortunately, we have a member with the 3.5 Series II and hopefully he will chime in. @Bencalexander
Yes hopefully he does. I just checked out the aev lift. It is probably out of my price range considering I need to buy tires soon and would rather only buy one set. If I were to get the aev lift I would most like not be able to afford it until next season and by then my current tires will have 0 tread left.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts