Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just like the title says, I am looking to get a lift kit, either a RC 2.5" kit or 3.25" lift kit...
Which would you choose?
What size lift kit do you think looks nice with 31" BFG AT's?

I would also like to here another lift kit options that you might like to share....
Thanks

·
Registered
3,197 Posts
I cast my vote for 2.5" and you can go with 32's with the proper backspacing. I believe the 3.25 kit is just the 2.5 kit with .75" spacers, correct? I've heard of some on here that add a 1.25" BL to the 2.5" (3.75" total lift) and put 33s under it.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Last year I had a 2" coil spacer lift put on my 2001 TJ. The 32" tires I have on it fit and look great. If you are on budget like I was, this lift kit is a good one to consider. It was the Zone Offroad 2" coil spacer kit- only $230 w/shocks!

You can check it out @ www.zoneoffroad.com

·
Registered
229 Posts
1 inch body lift, would be enough, and if u have a rake to the jeep, throw a 3/4 to 2 inch spacer up front and youl have plenty of room :punk:

·
Registered
802 Posts
see my jeep profile........

·
Registered
210 Posts
I ran stock suspension with 31" and got the RC 3.25" suspension lift and run 33"
Had a bit of rub with the 31" while wheeling(fender rub), none with day to day driving
the 3.25" I just lost about a .25" of turning tops and you can adj your wheel stops for it.
Killed the RC shocks pretty quick wheeling I'd say go with another set of shocks although their springs seem okay

·
Sponsoring Vendor
330 Posts
I think the 2-3" lift looks good with 31s. The 3.25 will probably still look good. Heres a pic of my Jeep from the 31s and 2.5" (OME) lift. (The Jeep was very suprisingly capable with just this setup!)

·
Registered
69 Posts
Same delima here. I went with 31x10.5 tires. I spoike with Dirk at DPG Offroad about lifts. I went with 3/4 inch coil spacers. I didn't want to get into a a lot of money and I wanted a safe ride. If money was not an option I would have dropped $1,500 and had a 4" lift done right.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Before I lifted mine I was running 31x10.5x15 BFG A/T's and was fine on stock suspension. I threw the RC 3.25" lift on it and now Im running 33's no problem.

·
Registered
115 Posts
I went the cheap way. First I bought a used 2" spring lift. Than my wife bought me a 2" body lift on e-bay. I run 33" tires, ramps 29.5"

·
Registered
8,239 Posts
So what kind of tires come in the 32" size? I'm in the process of buying the RC 2.5" and I kind of wanted 33" but after seeing pics in this thread I'm having second thoughts. Will I still have to get a heavy duty tire carrier with 32's? And is there a GY Duratrac metric equivalent to 32x10.5x15?

·
Premium Member
1,893 Posts
Always get the higher of the lifts your looking at. That way you won't get the "I shoulda got the higher lift syndrome" right away.

·
Registered
3,197 Posts
Always get the higher of the lifts your looking at. That way you won't get the "I shoulda got the higher lift syndrome" right away.
<< that'll be my case. I did the 2" Skyjacker BB and was going to go with a 1.25" BL prior to getting 32s, but now I wish I'd went with the coil lift instead since the lift is not as high as I was hoping due to saggy coils.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Look in the For Sale section of the forum. I have an RC 3.25" suspension lift kit new in the box that I'm selling. It's priced lower than you'll find anywhere else. I decided to go another route and it's too late for me to return it without paying a restocking fee. The price that I have listed includes shipping to your door if you live in the lower 48 states!!!:punk:

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
The Jeeps with the 2" lifts and 31's look pretty well proportioned. I have 31 BFG AT KO's with no lift and the Jeep looks pretty good. Can 33x10.50 15 BFG KM2's with only a 2" lift? I offroad in some steep and mountain roads, so I don't want to risk rolling the Jeep. My friend's lifted ZJ in a creek after it had rained and had to hike out. To make a long story short, we had to be winched by a TJ with 35's that almost rolled in the mountains; we had to get out and lift it back upright after it was drove into a rut.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts