Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need one that has a comfortable ride quality but still good for mild offroading and 33 to 35 tires.

What do you guys have?

Is oldman emu good? Teraflex? Procomp? Rubicon express?

·
Supporting Member
2,420 Posts
I would suggest Rock Krawler, Synergy Suspension (Poly Perofrmance) and Teraflex. In that order and is my opinion.

Procomp and Rubicon Express are the lower echelon. Also, don't believe the AEV hype either. It is an overpriced kit.

Old Man Emu has a great fanbase and member Pluke will sing it's praises as he has run it and his Jeep has great performance. I think it is designed to carry heavy loads as in Unlimiteds armored up, so ride quality may diminish if you aren't loaded out.

-Dan

·
Supporting Member
2,420 Posts
Oh by the way, spend the money on good shocks too. Ask me how I know. Also anywhere from 2" to 2.5" lifts can fit 35's. 33's can fit stock or leveled with proper backspacing.

-Dan

·
Banned
3,287 Posts
Old Man Emu has a great fanbase and member Pluke will sing it's praises as he has run it and his Jeep has great performance. I think it is designed to carry heavy loads as in Unlimiteds armored up, so ride quality may diminish if you aren't loaded out.

-Dan
This is 100% correct.

I loved the way it flexed out and I took it on many adventures. I still run their shocks, which are unbelievable, strong, high quality and durable.

Their coils are meant for heavy loads for people who carry bumpers, skid plates, aux gas tanks, hemis...

here are some shots...

california:

2N17X

John Bull

Gold Mountain

Dishpan Springs

Bullfrog Trail

Cleghorn

Last Chance Canyon

Pinyon Mt. Road

Coyote Canyon Trail

Lytle Creek Trail

Trabuco Canyon

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
My mopar kit in my sport is a rebranded rubicon express. Hubby's teraflex in his rubicon has a slightly more comfortable ride. It's not highly noticeable on-road, more so on trail when aired down and disconnected. After doing some part swapping I've narrowed it down to my springs are just stiffer than his.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts