Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 85 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 4 door rubi and i don't what lit of size of a lift to get so far i have narrowed it down to these 3 lifts I'm looking for input on what one would work the best or any advice.
AEV 2.5" DualSport XT Suspension System with Bilstein Shocks........$899.99
AEV 3.5" DualSport SC Suspension System with Bilstein Shocks......$1674.99
AEV 3.5" DualSport RS Suspension System with Bilstein 5160 Shocks.......$2124.99

hhh

For 07-13 Jeep® Wrangler Unlimited JK 4 Door with LHD
Quadratec Part No: 16502.4100
Manufacturer Part No: N0234110AA

$2124.99
This item has an additional $24.99 shipping surcharge.

·
Premium Member
12,478 Posts
Nothin wrong with any of those. Largely depends on how you plan to use your Jeep...light trails, mud, rock crawling, etc.

A 2.5" lift is plenty for 35" tires.

·
Registered
142 Posts
i have a 4 door rubi and i don't what lit of size of a lift to get so far i have narrowed it down to these 3 lifts I'm looking for input on what one would work the best or any advice.
AEV 2.5" DualSport XT Suspension System with Bilstein Shocks........$899.99
AEV 3.5" DualSport SC Suspension System with Bilstein Shocks......$1674.99
AEV 3.5" DualSport RS Suspension System with Bilstein 5160 Shocks.......$2124.99

hhh

For 07-13 Jeep® Wrangler Unlimited JK 4 Door with LHD
Quadratec Part No: 16502.4100
Manufacturer Part No: N0234110AA

$2124.99
This item has an additional $24.99 shipping surcharge.
I have the 2.5" XT lift and the AEV geometry correction brackets. I couldn't be happier.

Remember though, if you go higher than 2.5", you might need to upgrade your DS.

Regards,
Jim

·
Registered
839 Posts
It does really depend on what you are doing with your jeep. The 5160 shocks will give you a tad bit more travel vs the 5100 but otherwise you should not be able to tell a difference in the two shocks. Keep it as low as you can to avoid headaches. I am not a fan of the relocation brackets but if you are just going to run it on the road I read the aev kits ride nice.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Do you know if there is a ome 3 in lift cuz iv Ben debating a lot on what size of lift to get cuz i feel like 2.5 might b to small cuz i like to go wheeling as often as i can but im worried about the 3.5 being to tall and looking odd with the tiers and the flat finders but i could allways go to bigger tiers but i feel like a 3 in wold b the best.
im just trying o get the best lift i can thats Simi affordable.

and thanks for the help with the shocks

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
o sweet i like how they look do they ride smooth

i just put on my 35s and i had to cut my rails back an inch
I'm thinking i might just go with the 3.5 lift with the high steer kit

·
Banned
3,573 Posts
I love my OME lift a lot. Not only is it a dd and a comfortable one, it also performs in the outback.

I've always heard good things about OME, other than it's very difficult to get parts if they're broken.

Any experience with that, Pluke?

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Con Artist said:
I've always heard good things about OME, other than it's very difficult to get parts if they're broken.

Any experience with that, Pluke?
I'm not sure what you mean? pluke
I think I might go with the AEV cuz i cant find a OME above a 2 inch

·
Registered
323 Posts
I love my 4" lift kit but anything above 3" be ready to put some Steps on rock rails.

·
Banned
3,573 Posts
I'm not sure what you mean? pluke
I think I might go with the AEV cuz i cant find a OME above a 2 inch
If you've broken anything, have you had any trouble finding/getting replacement parts for it?

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Con Artist said:
If you've broken anything, have you had any trouble finding/getting replacement parts for it?
i haven't had any trouble finding parts for it i just keep upgrading parts to better ones.

and im planing to put on poison spyder rocker knockers on panted to match my jeep.
are there kits for OME that are 3-4 in tall

·
Premium Member
28,214 Posts
I thought OME made entire kits?
OME makes coils and shocks.
the kits are put together with components from multiple companies. (rockmen, JKS, etc)

an example, go look at DPG Offroad. they use OME springs and shocks, with JKS control arms, track bars, etc.

·
Registered
6,140 Posts
I have Rock Krawler and will never buy anything else. They have many different lifts in the 2.5 - 3.5" range. I haven't broken anything, but have heard from others their service is excellent if you need anything. Lifetime warranty too.

AEV tends to be overpriced considering they use a lot of relocation brackets. Great on road manners though. More for the concessional wheeler.

You really can't go wrong as long as you go with a reputable brand though. Teraflex, OME are all good. I'd stay away from Rough Country though. Stuff works, but ride is ROUGH as their name implies.

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
suicideking said:
I have Rock Krawler and will never buy anything else. They have many different lifts in the 2.5 - 3.5" range. I haven't broken anything, but have heard from others their service is excellent if you need anything. Lifetime warranty too.

AEV tends to be overpriced considering they use a lot of relocation brackets. Great on road manners though. More for the concessional wheeler.

You really can't go wrong as long as you go with a reputable brand though. Teraflex, OME are all good. I'd stay away from Rough Country though. Stuff works, but ride is ROUGH as their name implies.
X2. Just bought my rock krawler lift as well and there lifetime warranty is unbeatable. Progessive springs in the front for heavy bumpers and winch. Worth what i paid. Deff not looking back.

1 - 20 of 85 Posts