Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive owned my first jeep for 2 weeks now and im looking to lift it. Im not looking for anything crazy bc I will only do some light trail riding but mostly daily driving. Im mainly looking for a more aggressive look. What brand of lift do you suggest so I can do a little research. I want a spring lift that is somewhat affordable. 2-3 inches is what Im leaning toward. I will run with 33 or 35 inch tires on 16 or 17 inch wheels.

·
Insert something witty...
596 Posts
Check out Matador's link.

As for my personal opinion, I went with the TeraFlex 2.5" coil lift with Bilstein 5100's. Love the ride as it is better than factory IMO.

·
Registered
690 Posts
From your avatar it looks like you have a Sport so you can always do a budget boost and also add in Rubicon shocks and springs. That will net you about 3" of lift if you do a 1.75-2" budget boost. That being said i would offer this advice from someone who lived it....I had the exact same intentions as you...aggressive look, mild wheeling and 33s would be all that i needed so i bought what i described above. Heres where the trouble started....did my first wheeling trip and absolutely loved it and knew that i wanted to do more but my rig wasnt up to snuff for it so i basically canned everything i bought originally that concerned the lift and 33s....now i have a MetalCloak 3.5" lift being installed and ive already gone up to 35s in less than a 3 month span. My advice would be to take your rig wheeling in its stock form(very capable by the way) and see how much you like it or dont like it...if you see guys doing stuff that you would like to do then save up and buy a better lift and go to 35s....if not then go the BB route with 33s and enjoy your rig!! just my $.02....hope it helps a little

·
Registered
470 Posts
Ive owned my first jeep for 2 weeks now and im looking to lift it. Im not looking for anything crazy bc I will only do some light trail riding but mostly daily driving. Im mainly looking for a more aggressive look. What brand of lift do you suggest so I can do a little research. I want a spring lift that is somewhat affordable. 2-3 inches is what Im leaning toward. I will run with 33 or 35 inch tires on 16 or 17 inch wheels.
Congrats on your jeep! Best advice I can give you is....do.t buy anything for a while. Just drive it stock. Read this forum. Search this forum. You'll find dozens of opinions....but the important thing is to understand all the lifts for yourself. Ask questions on this forum when yove done some homework. Awesome knowledgeable people here. Also....if I may....I would suggest doing at least a few off-road trips before modding.

Hope this helps.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts