Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I am sort of new to wf but I know there are threads on many different kinds of lifts but I am looking for a 2"-3" lift that is easy to install and is under around $450. I was looking at the rc 2.5" suspension lift but I've read that is moves the axles a little bit and that there are other things recommended to buy like trac bars and stuff that i don't want to deal with. I want the lift for looks :hide: and for moderate off road use every other weekend. Are there any lifts anyone suggests? Could i go with a spacer lift?

Sorry for the confusing questions i'm new to jeeps.

Thanks! -Jack

·
Registered
610 Posts
A well "researched" lift kit and not a cheap kit. You get what you pay for. Educate yourself so you can get a better understanding of the suspension and what works and what doesn't.

·
Registered
196 Posts
As mentioned previously a solid trouble free lift kit is something you should put lots of consideration into. Don't make the investment only to realize six months later you had wasted your money. Some upgrades do nothing to enhance your off road adventure. A stock jeep is a pretty capable machine. If your in a area you really don't require higher clearance but want brawnier look and more surface area on the ground. Consider wider 31inch tires with either wheel spacers or new off set rims.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm in high school and am on a tight budget and just got new tires (30" a/t) a few months ago so i can't get bigger tires yet. For the trails that are near me i will need a lift because of rocks but would it be better for me to just get armor for the bottom of the jeep then later on get a lift when i have enough for a decent one?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts