Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
664 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been doing a lot of looking around and got it narrowed down to 2 kits, they look to basically include the same parts and there is only $35.00 difference.

I'm basically looking for any pros/cons that you know of with each kit.

RE 2.5"

Teraflex 2.5"

·
Registered
5,701 Posts
The RE and TF kits are very comparable. Don't just look at the number of parts included, also consider customer service and if it is purpose build for a specific type of driving.

I would give the nudge to the TF because they always design products that are good for both on and off road and because of their customer service. I suggest you call both of them and let them tell you about their engineering and service. You will be dealing with them if you if you have issues or questions.

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
I have the 2.5 in Teraflex and like it. But, I am sure someone will say the same about their RE lift in a few minutes....

·
Premium Member
816 Posts
Here you go, I ended up with the RE 3.5 Standard Lift. Only reason though was that the kit seemed a little more reasonable. I was down to the same choices though and could have went either way. Take your pick you will be happy with both.

·
Registered
155 Posts
well the big difference seems to be the parts are laid out differently in the photo, plus one is black and the other silver..but I'm going with RE 3.5,

·
Registered
155 Posts
Here you go, I ended up with the RE 3.5 Standard Lift. Only reason though was that the kit seemed a little more reasonable. I was down to the same choices though and could have went either way. Take your pick you will be happy with both.
How are you liking the lift? I haven't got mine yet, next month hopefully...

·
Premium Member
816 Posts
How are you liking the lift? I haven't got mine yet, next month hopefully...
I like it, the 2.5 " lift just wasn't going to be enough, but now I will eventually have to deal with the drive shafts. Next set of tires will be 35's on new wheels which is another reason I went with the 3.5" lift. Another lift option is Metal cloak, they seem to put a pretty good lift out.

·
Registered
1,938 Posts
The TF rear track bar bracket is a very important piece that will center the axle, level the track bar geometry, and reinforce the weak rear track bar mount. It can also be used if you get an adjustable track bar later on. All things being equal, this a $100 piece that will take out any worries about the rear track bar mount for the life of the vehicle.

I'd go with TF..

·
Registered
664 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks for the input. It looks like it'll be the Teraflex.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts