Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am sure this has been posted a million times but I could use some advice/suggestions on what lift to get. My jeep is my DD but I like hit trails/the desert on the weekends. Currently I have a Rampage Front Stubby Bumper with a Quadratec Q9000 winch and 33" Hercules Terra Trac AT II with 18" XD Riots. Kind of on a budget so I was looking at the Teraflex BB 2.5 lift and was debating on new shocks or getting the extensions since my shocks are only 6 months old. Any information is greatly appreciated!

·
Premium Member
1,107 Posts
You should take a look at Teraflex. Their 2.5" lift w/o shocks is a great choice if your on a budget. You can always upgrade shocks later but it'll give you a true coil lift and maintain ride quality. That's the route I went and couldn't be happier!

·
Premium Member
1,107 Posts
Coil...if it's strictly budget that'll make your purchase, the BB would work just fine. I looked at it as, for and extra ~150 I could get a full cool set up instead. And I can say for the coil I got more than 2.5...don't have experience with the BB so I can't comment. It's really down to personal preference...I could've seen myself down the road wishing I had gone with the coil if I had gone with the BB...so why do it twice ;)

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Definitely seems like the best route and what everyone goes with. Just committed to it and ordered it with the exhaust spacers. Can't wait to get it installed! Did you do yours by yourself?

·
Registered
178 Posts
Take a look a look at rubicon express

·
Registered
4,000 Posts
Just take your time and you'll be fine. Download the instructions ahead of time and make sure you have the tools you need. Not only is it fun to do, and I've said the following a million times, you'll learn about your Jeep and its suspension which is invaluable is something breaks one day on the trail.

·
Registered
434 Posts
Same lift I went with. Read the instructions! Had help from some guys in my jeep club, saved a lot of money.
Just a tip, Start at the rear. You will move those sway bar links up front. Found out the hard way on that one.

·
Super Moderator
16,383 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Take a look at the Rancho 2" sport lift with Rancho shocks. With the bumper/winch up front you're better off with coils. The Rancho kit provides coils up front and spacers in the rear.
I took kjeeper up on this advice last Fall and have been very happy with the results. I also grabbed the Rancho 9000 shocks (it was a package deal then) and CA brackets later on. The Jeep looks and rides great on 35" Toyo MTs.

·
Registered
444 Posts
You might can find someone that has some rubicon shocks for sale here on the forum. Could be budget friendly until later......

1 - 18 of 18 Posts