Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 97 stock 4 cyl SE jeep. I am not going run bigger than 31" tires w/ the 4 cyl. If this was you shopping cart which would you buy and why? I am torn between a cheap coil lift or a BB lift. The $500+ lift is really out of my budget.

·
Knows a couple things...
49,616 Posts
Restricting my thoughts to the products that list, I'd go for the Skyjacker spring lift.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I thought I was going to get away w/ just $100 for 2" BB and axles stops but I need shocks also. So my budget is/was $200. I have a bit of creep going on w/ my budget. i would really like to stay under $400 that way the wife will not notice.
If there is something I missed in that price range I am open to suggestions.

thanks

·
Registered
3,197 Posts
You'd be better off getting your BB on eBay and then use the money saved to get nice shocks when a little more money comes your way. You can make bumpstops out of hockey pucks or buy a kit from Zone to the amount you'll need.

If you can find front v8 ZJ springs at a junk yard and then put 2" BB on the back, that'd give you a tad more lift in the front (get rid of forward rake) and give you more travel out of your axle.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
LOL that is where i started a week ago. So, if i bought just the spacers from ebay ($55) and 2x the bump stop spacer ($40) and then I can go out and buy the shocks I want when I want. I like it. Should have done that like I originally planned and I could have been installing it this weekend.

·
Registered
304 Posts
I would go with the rough country 2.5" kit. I dont think you can go wrong with rough country for 299.00. Plus they have good customer service.

·
Registered
114 Posts
I had to make the same decision. I decided to go with a 2" TeraFlex budget boost kit so I could clear my new 31x 10.5 tires. My shocks are still in pretty good shape so I didn't replace those yet but plan to very soon. Will most likely go with Skyjacker Hydro shocks which run about $150 for a full set from Summit Racing. My TeraFlex budget boost kit was $125 from them...so for about $300 shipped you can have a decent setup.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I was going to buy the rough country but I started researching it and I read that their springs had sag issues. I contacted their sales dept and was told they have a lifetime guarantee on springs if you keep the receipt but not sure if i want the hassle of swapping springs

1 - 8 of 8 Posts