Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
the yj i bought already has a lift installed. i was told it was a 5.5 rubicon express, but when i went to re's website to find more information i found that they do not offer a 5.5 lift. my question is: is there a way to tell by measuring fender to tire, axle to frame... how tall of a lift that is on it?

93 yj
35/12.50r15

from the looks(first time owner) there is no body lift.

and the reason i am asking is that i need to get a rear driveshaft made and in order to figure the geometry and get it right on the first time.....do i need a sye?

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
Are your springs under or over your axles? I've seen Rubicon Express SOA conversion kits advertised as a 5.5" lift kit before.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Are your springs under or over your axles? I've seen Rubicon Express SOA conversion kits advertised as a 5.5" lift kit before.
nice info! but they are under. if it makes a difference, i measured the d/s length to find a new one and although i may have measured wrong it seems to be 19 3/8"(maybe a fraction more due to the geometry) from center of bearing to center of bearing.

and as i asked before, would that need a sye? or will a (aftermarket)stock length d/s work?

its great in front wheel drive but DAMMIT! i wanna really drive it!

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
I'm guessing you have the Rubicon Express 4.5" with 1" shackles. If you want it to be done right, you should have an SYE and new drive shaft. Otherwise, you'll most likely get vibrations.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts