Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone! New to WF, and just getting back into the Jeep life after a 16 year hiatus. I recently purchased a 2005 TJ that was already lifted. I know that it’s a suspension lift, and I measured it at 3”-4” using the front coil springs..... It looks like the PO painted a lot of the undercarriage black (including the shock covers), so there’s no branding or anything on it. Does anyone know how to tell what model/brand lift it is? I found some random numbers engraved into the front shocks, but my google search(es) yielded no results using those numbers. Thanks for the help!

·
Registered
5,006 Posts
Shots of the control arms, front end, transfercase area (if it has a drop or not), driveshafts, rear of tcase, etc...

·
Registered
104 Posts
Shocks rarely match the lift brand, unless the PO when Rancho or such.

Pics should show entire component in one shot if possible, like this one for rear control arm. Do it for front and rear, top and bottom if possible.

Driveshaft, pic with rear driveshaft from where it connects to the T-case to the axle.

Example....

·
Knows a couple things...
49,399 Posts
The control arms resemble Zone and the steering damper says Zone on it, I'd have to guess it's a Zone.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Turns out there was an easier way. I called Zone and asked them how to figure out what lift I have. The tubular shapes control arms confirm that it’s the 4” lift - and they only offer one 4” option. Thanks for help!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts