Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, if you had $1500-$2000 what mods would be the best choice. I have a 2015 Sahara jk unlimited. So far the mods I have done are 2.5 AEV lift, 35" duratracs with xd addict wheels, all new speakers, subwoofer and amp, mopar fuel door. Teraflex hinge and tire carrier. Re geared to 4.56. So everyone what is missing from my build? Thanks

·
Super Moderator
8,238 Posts
Skid plates.

·
Premium Member
1,304 Posts
What is your intended purpose with the Jeep? As nice as skid plates are if you don't plan to off-road then they would be a complete waste.

·
Registered
2,261 Posts
Hi all, if you had $1500-$2000 what mods would be the best choice. I have a 2015 Sahara jk unlimited. So far the mods I have done are 2.5 AEV lift, 35" duratracs with xd addict wheels, all new speakers, subwoofer and amp, mopar fuel door. Teraflex hinge and tire carrier. Re geared to 4.56. So everyone what is missing from my build? Thanks
Well this week I'm ordering the mopar front big brake kit. I found it on line for $636, and the teraflex rear big brake kit for $380 and some new rear pads. I got a lock pic air coming already to hook up my backup camera again and I'm trying to figure out what front camera to use. Besides that I'm trying to work a deal on some better headlights , but the ones I want are pricey. "$1500" pricey.................. Really want to shorten my stopping distance and be able to see better at night though. I just added the rancho 9000xl shocks last week and that really helped the suspension out combined with the FOX ATS stabilizer and the attenuator. In the spring I want to add the 10th anniversary/hard rock power dome hood. That should do it unless I hit it with a hot stock then I want the Katzkins leather and a Blackvue dash cam..................... :) and if you tell my wife the plans they might not ever find all of you....... (haha)

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
I'm probably gonna get flamed for this, but if you don't know, why ask us? We have no idea how you use your rig. Put a frickin plow on it..........

·
Registered
621 Posts
Well this week I'm ordering the mopar front big brake kit. I found it on line for $636, and the teraflex rear big brake kit for $380 and some new rear pads. I got a lock pic air coming already to hook up my backup camera again and I'm trying to figure out what front camera to use. Besides that I'm trying to work a deal on some better headlights , but the ones I want are pricey. "$1500" pricey.................. Really want to shorten my stopping distance and be able to see better at night though. I just added the rancho 9000xl shocks last week and that really helped the suspension out combined with the FOX ATS stabilizer and the attenuator. In the spring I want to add the 10th anniversary/hard rock power dome hood. That should do it unless I hit it with a hot stock then I want the Katzkins leather and a Blackvue dash cam..................... :) and if you tell my wife the plans they might not ever find all of you....... (haha)
What headlights are you trying to buy?

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
:censored:
I'm probably gonna get flamed for this, but if you don't know, why ask us? We have no idea how you use your rig. Put a frickin plow on it..........
A plow, now why didn't I think of that. I do a little off roading nothing to crazy. It's my daily driver.

·
Premium Member
1,815 Posts
Maybe look into upgrading to heavy duty ball joints since you are running 35's. They will be needed sooner or later.

·
Registered
2,342 Posts
:censored: A plow, now why didn't I think of that. I do a little off roading nothing to crazy. It's my daily driver.
He's trying to let you know since nobody knows how do you intent to use your rig, to buy anything you want,... you have a Jeep Wrangler , probably one of the most capable offroad platforms out there in the market, perhaps the last of Mohicans when it comes to live axel equipped vehicles, but you only do little offroad with it and you're asking how to spend $2000 to make it what exactly? Dude, lol, double the amp, get some speaker headlights with halo rings, get some leather covers, I don't know, the sky is the limit, you don't need to ask, just buy whatever attracts you the most visually, it's your money.

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
Ejsy jsbr upi fpmr up upir krra ypfsu?

·
Premium Member
1,133 Posts
Winch and recovery gear.

·
Registered
1,777 Posts
Save the 2000.00 and add the same amount every year and in 10 years you can do a Hemi swap and have it paid for.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts