Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thought I ask what everyone is planning to do with their brand new $75K Jeep 392 once you actually take delivery of it..
I plan to add 35” Nitto Ride Grapplers day one as I think the 33” look very small from launch pics I’ve seen... I am sure 37” will fit but I will go with 35” to fill up wheels wells. Most likely will do aftermarket wheels, Fuel Diesel’s since the factory wheel is so narrow.
Just curious what the rest of you have planned..

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
I'm just going to be watching for all of the grenaded parts that can't handle the power and torque of the 392. Jeep charges 75k for a hemi without upgrading anything to handle it. It's going to take at least another 20k in axles. This is only going to be exacerbated by adding bigger tires.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm just going to be watching for all of the grenaded parts that can't handle the power and torque of the 392. Jeep charges 75k for a hemi without upgrading anything to handle it. It's going to take at least another 20k in axles. This is only going to be exacerbated by adding bigger tires.

You could be right but I hope that the D44’s have been upgraded to handle given they’ve had time to test them prior to production. My 13JK has AEV392 and I did upgrade axles to D60 at that time, so we shall see how well factory did their research.

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
You could be right but I hope that the D44’s have been upgraded to handle given they’ve had time to test them prior to production. My 13JK has AEV392 and I did upgrade axles to D60 at that time, so we shall see how well factory did their research.
Well, they didn't truss, sleeve, add c gussets (or bigger Cs) or add chromoly shafts. Those are all, or at least most, things you need to do to run 37s+ on a standard 3.6 powered Jeep.

Now add in a 392 Hemi? The axles are screwed.

·
Premium Member
473 Posts
Well, they didn't truss, sleeve, add c gussets (or bigger Cs) or add chromoly shafts. Those are all, or at least most, things you need to do to run 37s+ on a standard 3.6 powered Jeep.

I heard the axles tubes diameter were larger to handle the torque. I'll let you know when I get mine.. warranty is warranty... ROFL

I think the first thing I will upgrade is the axles and the suspension. Looking to go with a DynatracD60 front axle, and a Dynatrac D80 Rear. Still waiting to hear back from Evo if their Pro Series will bolt up to the 392 as there are some changes to the chassis. But nothing back from them yet.

·
Registered
1,876 Posts

I have all those things on my axles and still won’t make the leap to 37’s with my 3.6...... I break stuff fast enough as it is......

Love the idea of the Hemi, but if you plan to truly crawl it, I’d want 1-tons

·
Registered
1,349 Posts
I have to disagree with the breakage waiting to happen sentiment. I owned a 2013 JKU with an AEV 6.4 Hemi. I ran the stock axles for two years and didn't break anything with 35" tires. You need to drive with finesse, which some people cannot do well. Some people could break an anvil.

The AEV Hemi JKU cost me $86K back in 2013, so $77K for a 6.4 Hemi JLU is a reasonable price as well.

I already have a set of 37" Toyo MT tires that only have 3000 miles on them. They are on my Gladiator Mojave, and are coming off of the Mojave tomorrow to save for use on the 392 that I plan on getting this fall. I also plan to take the Warn 12K winch off the Gladiator, along with the ARB Twin air compressor and the Baja Designs lighting. Those are the only plans for the 392 initially, ... 37s, winch, lights. Then I plan to enjoy it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts