Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
595 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Trying to see what everyone runs and how they like it!!

·
Registered
2,925 Posts
Dynomax Super Turbo cat-back system. Love it... Took about an hour to install( no rust for me to deal with). Quiet for first month.... Now it's perfect and throaty

·
Registered
588 Posts
2.25" Flowmaster delta 40 with a 2.5" dynomax tailpipe. 3rd cat is gutted right now (it was rattling and cash is in short supply right now). It is very deep and sounds really good, I like loud. I have never ran a stock exhaust on any vehicle ever period. I am going to replace my bad (gutted) cat with a magnaflow direct fit converter in the next few months.

·
Registered
144 Posts
cut the factory muffler out and welded in the muffler off of a dodge viper. (free since we tore it off my buddy's viper)

·
Registered
359 Posts
borla header, pre-cats in place, main cat cut out, flowmaster super 40, turn down. Bout as throaty as you can make a jeep and quiet at idle.

·
Registered
2,052 Posts
Dynomax Super Turbo. Just put in on and so far really like it.
I am going that way too.. I want near to stock sound levels and it appears this one does the trick. Plus lighter, flows better than stock and not too pricey.

Dana

·
Registered
8,952 Posts
Trying to see what everyone runs and how they like it!!
I run a Dynomax muffler, and it's tolerable. I like the smaller geometry of the muffler to I can get my UCA bolts out, and the fact that the whole muffler and tailpipe assembly was $35 on craigslist. I pretzeled the stock exhaust on the trail. It sounds ok I guess. I'm glad I only paid $35 for it.

But I'm biased. I don't expect a 4.0L to sound good. A 427 with dual quads and full length headers sounds good to me. I grew up listening to straight pipe big blocks mounted in boats, and farm tractors...so to me the 4.0L is best kept quiet.

·
Registered
429 Posts
DynoMax, not loud at all but just the right tone. will be upgrading the header soon too. Maybe the header will help the exhaust sound

·
Registered
111 Posts
Stock, cuz it's QUIET.

·
Registered
2,052 Posts
I am about to go Dynomax Super Turbo because its quiet. I have other vehicle for sound hopefully it'll be a bit lighter. To save a few lbs.

Dana

·
Registered
179 Posts
Im runnin a 40 Series Flowmaster on my 2.4L. I thin it sounds good for a 4 banger, and it actually don't sound like a honda with a fart cannon.

·
Registered
583 Posts
JDT said:
Im runnin a 40 Series Flowmaster on my 2.4L. I thin it sounds good for a 4 banger, and it actually don't sound like a honda with a fart cannon.
:laugh: flowmaster is the worst flowing muffler out their. They don't flow and drone like no other. You have a flowmaster on a 4 banger. That's pretty ricey to me..

Dynomax or stock. Wouldn't have it any other way.

·
Registered
759 Posts
idk what muffler you guys have or maybe Im getting mine mixed up, but I purchased my Dynomax Turbo muffler for $40 off of amazon when I needed a replacement. Its way too loud for a jeep with no power. It sounds like your going really fast, but in my 2.5 your practically standing still and its way too loud. When I cough up the cash to get another, it will be the stock muffler, unless I go with a whole new exhaust system. WOULDNT recommend DYNOMAX to ANYONE

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
Hopefully installing an MBRP cat back this weekend. I'll report back.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts