Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just had a 4" pro comp stage 2 lift put on my 2004 LJ and some 33" AT tires. Everything else is stock and it is my daily driver I don't want to go too crazy with it. What should I do next? Should I change the gears, Super chip programer, cold air intake. I took if out in some sugar sand the other day and it feels like it is a little under powered with the bigger tires. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

·
Premium Member
1,011 Posts
Regearing will give you the power back. I have 4.5 lift and 33s with a 5 speed and put in 4:56 gears. It is perfectly geared now IMO. If you get vibration in the drivetrain you may be looking for SYE setup. I wouldn't spend the extra money on a programmer since it can't make drastic difference on a 4.0. I put on cold air intake and never have noticed any power from it. If you are looking at a dramatic increase in performance, and can afford to do it right...regear. I use mine as a daily driver but also use it on my property as a workhorse so using it to pull downed trees and carrying fencing equip. and chainsaws is part of the daily. I use the winch often and really count on air on board to run tools. The good stuff costs money so save and wait so you can get the good. Build it for how you will use it most.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Great thanks for the info. I want to do it right so I will look into doing the gears. How much does it normally cost to have the gears changed?

·
Registered
184 Posts
If you do much offroad I would highly recommend a rear locker.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts