Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 1584 Posts

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to start a thread about what Non-Jeepers have said to you about your TJ during passing.

Yesterday I was pulling out of my parking spot at the store and some guys says "nice Jeep is that a CJ? You did a really nice job with that" I tried not to laugh and said no its a 99 TJ.

Another one I was at a stop light and some guy drives by and says "what kind of lift is that? A 4" rubicon express lift with a 4" body lift. I just laughed and said yes.

Let's hear what you got.

·
Registered
127 Posts
old man neighbor- "nice cj! is that a 5 or 7?"
me-"its an 05 TJ"
old man-"nicest CJ-5 i've seen in years!"
me-"thanks!"
gave up on trying to explain it all to him. haha

·
Registered
3,197 Posts
I pulled up to a filling pump after returning from an offroad trip still all nice and dirty. A woman at the next pump said her son in the passenger seat saw my Jeep and commented that he just died and went to heaven. My reply was, "I just got back and it was wonderful!"

·
Registered
3,197 Posts
When friends find out I just got a Jeep, almost all of them say. "I have always wanted a Jeep"
Even funnier is the people that say "I used to have a Jeep". Then they stare at yours with sad, regretful eyes. That's why I'll never get rid of mine. I don't want to be "That guy".

·
Registered
794 Posts
After a trip to the offroad park one time, I had a woman stop and tell me "i dont usually get jealous of other peoples vehicles, but that looks like you had so much fun! That thing is awesome!" Lol....not specific to TJ/LJ but I bet that lady went and test drove a Jeep. :)

·
Registered
3,171 Posts
Had a guy at a gas station walk up to me and ask how much I wanted for my TJ

·
Registered
288 Posts
My TJ gets the usual...
"I love your Jeep" or "Nice Jeep" or when muddy "looks like someone had fun this weekend"

My CJ2A gets all kinds of wacky comments...my favorite is when they just bow down with their arms out. Most people think it's crazy that it legally doesn't need seatbelts, turn signals, etc.

·
Registered
2,401 Posts
I had an older gentlemen at a Mc Donald's, say that I had a sharp looking jeep. I said thanks, then he asked how much better the new Jeep did on MPG and I told him is almost ten years old and he said it looks like it is brand new and went on about how I took good care of it and had such a nice Jeep.......so I took him for a ride lol

·
Registered
63 Posts
When I bought mine, my boss said those are scary on the freeway!
I just took my TJ on the highway for the first time after driving my mom's Kia forte for 3 years.

I can't say your boss was that off!

It's a bit squirrely. Also that 2.5L takes a few extra seconds to get up to speed. It's still awesome though.

·
Registered
67 Posts
I had a lady at Walmart the other day she said she really liked my jeep and has been looking for one, I said thanks. She then asked what year and engine I had, I told her 02 TJ and 4.0 straight six, she then said I'm sorry I'm looking for the 99 with the V-8 that the best jeep ever made. I told her never herd of that model and her and husband just looked to confused and walked away. There son kept saying wow he's even got buckshot mudder I can't believe it it's a real jeep. Started my poor 4.0 and left with my head down in shame. LOL

1 - 20 of 1584 Posts