Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1541 - 1560 of 1585 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Had a few people ask if I'm interested in selling, others have left notes on my window with their contact info if I ever decide to sell. My toddler daughter always fusses at me when I accidentally say "I'm going to the car!" she'll reply with "No! the Jeep!"

You're right, little missy!

·
Registered
30 Posts
Love my Jeep

I was giving my 85 yo mom a ride one day and I had the top and doors off. She got in and looked around and said. "How do I close the door?" I smiled and said they were in the garage. She said "oh dear" and buckled up. She was smiling by the time we got to where we were going.:)

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
Stopped at the bank and a guy asked: "Man! How much are those tires?" I told him they weren't expensive as far as tires go. He said: "Must be great soaking up the potholes!" I told him the potholes have to be wider than 12.5" to even notice them! He laughed.

·
Registered
206 Posts
A couple of years ago I had the cork gasket on the tranny go bad and so I was underneath working on it when a neighbor came over to drop something off and she told me to be careful underneath there incase it fell. I look at the tires and said I didn't think that I was going to have any problems since all four tires were on the ground. :)

·
Registered
97 Posts
My wife took our '04 TJ to a local 4x4 club meet-and-greet to check out the club (I had to work that night) and one of the members who was without a Jeep offered her $20K on the spot without even a test drive (almost twice what we paid for it!) :drinks:. She just smiled and told him it wasn't for sale. :bop:

And I just love how the Wrangler consistently rates as one of the worst cars to buy year after year, yet it is still one of the most popular model cars ever made! :jawdrop: We love them so much, we bought a second one ('15 JKU Rubi Hard Rock) :beerdrinking:

·
Registered
51 Posts
One of my co workers is always saying how I need to wash my jeep more often because it's always so dirty

...then you go to the carwash and people say "Yeah, I bet YOU have to come here a lot..."

One of my favorite comments is "Why are you always smiling whenever you're driving places?!" If you know, you know.

·
Registered
66 Posts
a stanced miata stopped at the lights next to me and said I hope your steering has been upgraded... Please dont kill me :D with a laugh

but yesterday I was under the jeep, changing out the snapped o-ring on the speedo gear outside the auto shop and the landcruiser owner next to me said "I'd still have my Jeep, but I hated the way I always had to look up to it constantly.."

·
Registered
61 Posts
I constantly get the same thing. That's a nice jeep! That a new one? "Nope, 99". Oh, its really clean, looks brand new. Aren't you a real Jeeper? Thing should be covered in mud and put to good use!

Drives me nuts. I've spent 99% of my life in the woods riding, hill climbing, etc... I'm now married with 3 kids and 90% of trails near me are blocked off, bought, or owned by DCNR and blocked by them. I just lost my interest for the meantime and want to focus on my family. Not to mention I have a side by side to beat now, and I like my jeep spotless :D

·
Detail Oriented
3,172 Posts
Slack-jawed mouth-breather at a gas staton in New Roads, Lousiana - "Why dint yew git yuzzef wunna dem foh-doh jeps?"

Me - "They didn't make four-door Jeep Wranglers until 2007. This one here is a 2003 model."

SJMB - "Welp, ah thank ah'd'uh looked a bit herder fer a foh-doh'n."

Me - "I bought it new. There weren't any four door models back then."

SJMB - "Still, ah'd'uv shop aroun a bit mer fer a foh-doh'n."

Me - ………………?

·
Detail Oriented
3,172 Posts
"Why are you always smiling whenever you're driving places?!" If you know, you know.
TRUTH regarding the smiling and the knowing!

One day about ten years ago I had to fully remove my soft top and frame to work on straightening the hoops and to so some stitching on some tattered seams. This, of course, turned into about a week with no top at all.

I got used to this and headed out to Walmart, about three miles from my house. On the way home we had a hellacious pop-up thunderstorm. There was no way to avoid it, so I just drove home. I had an old shop towel on the floor of the passenger side and draped it over my steering column. I had to use a corner of it to wipe the water off the glass as I drove.

No damage to the clock spring, just to my local image as a "normal" person.

At the red lights, every one of which I caught during the downpour, making it take me 15 minutes to drive the three miles home, I got folks laughing at me and pointing, so I started whooping and hollering and smiling my ass off. By the time I had made it home the freezing water was not so bad and I was actually laughing my ass off and having a great time.

I parked under the carport, pulled the drain plugs in the floor and went inside soaked and smiling from ear to ear. My wife had been napping, so when I sloged in she was all like "WTF?"

Good times! :beerdrinking:

·
Registered
11 Posts
I wash washing mine in the driveway and a ten year old stops on his bicycle and asks "you have 2 jeeps?" (2013 JKU and 2004 Rocky Mountain Edition 2" lift). I replied yes. He then asks would I sell him one. I wish I would have asked how much he was offering just to see what he thought it was worth to a 10 year old. But, I said No. Love my JEEP's.

·
Registered
50 Posts
My jeep is pretty stealth plain looking - the way i like it. I like offroading bare minimum style but I get a ton of compliments on the jeep , especially from women - since its adventure packed but not intimidating.

But one time i did feel bad about a compliment, i was at a Jeep Trade show in the parking lot and a guy rode by with his family with a Super Jeep like 10 feet tall with every whiz bang thing on it and his son looked over and said out loud, Dad i like that jeep right there and he turned around and looked very vexed.

PS: She had more mods since these photos -- main exterior change is a better tire carrier that moves the gas cans behind the spare.

Attachments

1541 - 1560 of 1585 Posts