Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone,

I'm going to need my dealer to enable the backup camera option on my 430N and I'm going to pay an hour's labour to have it done.

That being the case, I obviously don't want to go through this again in the future if there are other options I can have turned on at the same time.

It's my understanding that you can enable the backup camera option even if you don't have a camera and that there will then be options on the unit itself to turn it on or off going forward.

I know the LockPick has options for side cameras and a cargo camera among other things. Are these things I can have turned on in the 430N by the dealer while I'm there so they're available to me if ever I decide to use them in the future?

Is there anything else that's only configurable by the dealer that I might want set? I know you can change some DRL and fog light settings. Anything else?

·
Registered
10,414 Posts
The only other 430N options beyond the rear camera, would be the rear seat entertainment center support. This was offered on minivans with the 430N, but never on any Wrangler, but the feature is still there. This would activate the other video/audio inputs and outputs, that exist on the same, currently unused, connector on the back of the 430N that the rear camera uses.

The rear camera is the only camera support offered in the 430N (or any factory LCD screen radio).

It's my understanding that you can enable the backup camera option even if you don't have a camera and that there will then be options on the unit itself to turn it on or off going forward.
True.

Reactions: Heavy-Metal

·
Registered
2,740 Posts
shop around, when I did this two years ago, some dealers were clueless on the activation procedure, others wanted to charge a full hour and I settled with one dealership that did it for 1/2 hour and turned out great.

·
Registered
46 Posts
After we enable the function, we then have to supply and install the sensors, right? Do most people buy through Mopar, or aftermarket?

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
After we enable the function, we then have to supply and install the sensors, right? Do most people buy through Mopar, or aftermarket?
Sensors? You need to install a camera. There's dozens of threads here about different options for that. Mine's already installed. This thread is just about what else can be done while I'm getting it enabled. :)

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
@Wild Weasel, keep in mind that the vehicle itself is flashed to enable these options, not the radio.

Reactions: Wild Weasel

·
Premium Member
331 Posts
Wrangler Rear Camera Procedure

This is a procedure I located/provided to my dealer

PARK VIEW REAR BACK-UP CAMERA VEHICLE CONFIGURATION

Vehicle VIN must be updated with the sales code of the added accessory in order to enable system functionality. Using the DealerCONNECT website and the StarSCAN diagnostic tool, complete the procedure below:

1. Log on to https://dealerconnect.chrysler.com

2. In the “Vehicle Option” screen under the “Global Claims System” category in the “Service” tab, enter the vehicle VIN and add the sales code XAC (Park View Rear Back-Up Camera) as a “Dealer Installed Option”.

3. Confirm that the new sales code has been successfully added to the VIN. With the StarSCAN diagnostic tool connected to both the internet (via Ethernet port or wireless connection) and the vehicle, follow the steps below:

4. Using the StarScan select the VEHICLE PREPARATION and then select RESTORE VEHICLE CONFIGURATION.

5. Follow the step by step instructions on the StarSCAN to complete the Park View Rear Back-Up Camera vehicle configuration.

6. When the Park View Rear Back-Up Camera Vehicle Configuration is complete, go to the Validation Process to verify that the vehicle has been updated.

VALIDATION PROCESS

From the “Initial Start Up” screen on the StarSCAN follow the steps below:

1. Using the StarSCAN follow the menu to ECU VIEW, select TIPMCGW CENTRAL GATEWAY, MORE OPTIONS, ECU DETAILS and then CONFIG INFO

2. Verify REAR CAMERA PRESET- - - -SET is present.

·
Registered
546 Posts
An hour's charge seems a bit steep. I had a warranty repair scheduled so I just asked the service writer if he'd flash the 430n and he did so at no charge. You're probably not in that situation, but since you live in a big city, perhaps you should check around and see if you can get a more reasonable price for the flash.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts