Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys,

Considering getting a 2" or maybe a 2.5" lift. What modifications are a must to my Jeep after installing such a lift?

Frankly if I have to spend more money on the project (except for bigger tires) I may just try the 33" tires with no lift.

Thanks for your help!

·
The Bad Guy
23,234 Posts
The purpose of a lift is to fit bigger tires.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yup I get that. What I meant was what other modifications are necessary after getting a lift installed? Do I need new gearing, transfer case, etc?

From what I understand I can run 33"s with no lift...just saying I wouldn't mind doing a lift but don't want any other additional expenses besides new tires.

·
Registered
66 Posts
2"-2.5" is perfect. No other mods are really "needed" with that size lift. You'll "want" bigger tires though...

and it goes on and on and on with the "wants"

Mine is up about 3" with 315's.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Most common is larger tires. I run a 2" Mopar lift with 315s ("35s"...33.5" actual). However, in order to properly go up to 315's, most recommend a better tire carrier, (I'm using a Smittybilt Oversize currently), proper gearing (I'm running 3.73s) and lastly beefier axle mods. I will be doing the Synergy D30/44 Front Axle Assurance Kit and Synergy bearings in about a month. The axle mods are probably most critical and debated. I decided to do them because I just want peace of mind, and don't plan on upgrading axles unless something bad happens.

Here is a recent photo of my build. More in signature.

·
Registered
729 Posts
If an auto an ProCal or FlashCal programmer is a must once larger tires are on. The transmission shift points will be all over the place if you don't recalibrate

1 - 6 of 6 Posts