Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,933 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What kind of paint can I use on this that wont look like crap in a few months? I think I am going to make it into a strongbox bolted to the tub, but it might be a while till I get around to doing that and need a center console right now. I plan on doing either black or grey if it makes any difference.

·
Administrator
42,438 Posts
I can't tell, is it metal or plastic. Krylon makes paint specific for plastic and if it's metal make sure you clean it, sand it and use primer. Again, I am not trying to sell Krylon but they make some good paints., I would suggest ether matt or textured.
Now that I think of it, you could even use spray on bed liner.

Just some thoughts.

Edit: TRM627 posted his reply as I was writing this :rofl:

·
Registered
2,933 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Its some cushy seat material crap. Like fake leather or something cheaper.

·
Registered
259 Posts
There are vinyl paints available that are made for this kind of thing. I have used them before for touching up seats and they hold up well.

·
Registered
635 Posts
Yeah I would use some vinyl specific paint. Available at any auto parts. Make sure you use a soft bristle brush or a green scubbie pad and clean it well before trying to paint it

·
Registered
2,933 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah I would use some vinyl specific paint. Available at any auto parts. Make sure you use a soft bristle brush or a green scubbie pad and clean it well before trying to paint it
Will do. Hopefully it lasts until I have time to convert it into a strong box.

·
Registered
458 Posts
OverkillYJ said:
Will do. Hopefully it lasts until I have time to convert it into a strong box.
The only paint I have used that didn't turn gummy or flake off is rustoleum. They have paint for your interior. It uses some chemical that actually melts to the plastic. Most auto stores sells it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts