Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an android that I use for my GPS. What type/brand of phone holder would you recommend to hold your phone? Do you guys detatch and locked it in the center console when the top is off?
Thanks

·
Registered
768 Posts
I don't have GPS. I know how to read a map. As for my phone, it lives in my pocket.

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Lifeproof suction mount. Has a quick clip system I like

·
Premium Member
568 Posts
Check out RAM mounts. GPSCity has a great inventory of their products. I think once you use RAM you will agree there isn't much debate about what is the best mount.

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
I set mine just right of the transfer case lever. If I need to look at it I pick it up.
Btw, you're better off reading the reviews on Amazon to get a better picture how a product is liked or disliked.

·
Registered
2,380 Posts
Check out RAM mounts...
I used a RAM GPS mount on my motorcycle.

That mount was really designed well. Once you snap your GPS into it, there is no way for the GPS to fall out.

I have never dropped my bike, but I'm confident that, if I ever did, that RAM mount would have held my GPS unit in place.

(Of course, if I did drop my bike, my GPS unit would be the last thing on my mind.)dde00

·
Registered
1 Posts
Mobarmor.com
I bought a fantastic sturdy mount built for off-roading. They send you magnets to 3M tape to your dash. The tape worked ok, but I super glued the magnet to my dash and it is locked in perfectly. HIGHLY RECOMMEND.

·
Premium Member
488 Posts
I'll second the magnetic mounts. they work excellent and quick on/off. I have a magnetic power cable that i ran up there too. super easy for frequent on/off's.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks for the replies. Luckily I saved my receipts so now I can take back all those maps I just bought. Thanks for your input CJ.

·
Registered
387 Posts
1 - 20 of 23 Posts