Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all looking for someone to tell me what pin type this is.
It's for the female end of a iso harness.

Cheers

·
Registered
15,381 Posts
So the 16 pin plug in your hand with outside obscured with foam came out of what year TJ and is wired into what in particular

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Oh sorry, it's a iso harness for my stereo.
I want to wire in an extra wire that off to the side of the harness for the amp kicker, I could just splice it, but wanted to have it made harness to harness so was looking to buy one of those metal pins.

·
Registered
15,381 Posts
So not even a tj connector

What make model radio is it plugged into

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It's a joying, but the harness in the picture is iso standard.

I then have a harness that wires into the TJ harness.

Just figured someone here regardless of it being iso or TJ harness might know the particular pin name.

·
Registered
15,381 Posts
Could you pick up the wire at the TJ plug as depending on year we know where to gets plugs with pins for those

ISO standard don’t mean squat

·
Knows a couple things...
49,258 Posts
See if there's not a model # of that plug molded onto it somewhere so you can google it.

·
Registered
15,381 Posts
What you don’t grasp is each connector manufacturer can retain the pins in a different way so you cannot necessarily swap pins from a metro adapter to a scosche adapter even though both plug into same radio port

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
its just a plain ISO standard radio wiring harness
available almost everywhere. Metra, Amazon....
Yup it's standard iso. Regardless one car it's plugged into or what the other end of the harness looks like the iso end should always be the same.

I could just buy another one and pull one without, open pin and re purpose, just figured if I was going to do all that I would see if I could find the pins on their own and buy a batch keep which I have now done I think on AliExpress.

I believe this should do the trick
AU $2.39 15%OFF | 1/5/10/20 sets TE tyco 8 pin 3.5mm male female brown unsealed middle slot auto ISO Radio horn CD plug connector for Toyota Lexus

1 - 11 of 11 Posts