Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
891 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm bed lining my front grill today. I want to scuff it, prime it then paint it. What grade sandpaper will be best to use. I'm a paint virgin.

·
Registered
2,718 Posts
I did mine a few months ago but used Krylon instead of bed liner.. I think I used about #150 paper and it worked fine.
I don't like how the Krylon flat-black worked out so i'll be redoing it (along with the fenders) in Bed Liner.. What kind are you using? Spray or roll-on?

·
Supporting Vendor
1,868 Posts
You can actually use a red scuffy pad and it will adhere just fine. Many bedliners are designed to grip to a rough area so sandpaper is really not necessary. If you cant get the red scuffy pads you can use a 220 grit sandpaper and should be fine.

Jeremy

·
Registered
891 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I did mine a few months ago but used Krylon instead of bed liner.. I think I used about #150 paper and it worked fine. I don't like how the Krylon flat-black worked out so i'll be redoing it (along with the fenders) in Bed Liner.. What kind are you using? Spray or roll-on?
I'm using Rustoleum Bed Liner. Has a decent gloss to it. I'll post some pictures when finished. Thanks for the response!

·
Premium Member
999 Posts
400 grit. Use water and a couple drops of dish soap. Really no need to prime as the grill is plastic.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts