Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What size shocks do i need for a 4" lift? I see quadtratec has different sizes. What I have on there not are clearly to long.... Also whats the difference between the sky jacker hydros and nitros?

·
Trail Mom
2,864 Posts
Check out the Rough Country 2.2 shocks.
I've been running them for about three years now and they are fantastic and a good price too.
They ride like factory and hold up to the trails too. I looked at their site and didn't see them listed for the YJ, but it never hurts to pick up the phone. They will give you the info that you're looking for.

·
Premium Member
1,670 Posts
Throwing in personal experience here. Been running Teraflex for years now. Lifetime warranty is a nice bonus but haven't had to swap them out yet. Think mine are a 9500 but it's been years and I don't keep receipts. ( don't wanna know ) I would rather have extra drop avail versus my shocks resticting flex.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Throwing in personal experience here. Been running Teraflex for years now. Lifetime warranty is a nice bonus but haven't had to swap them out yet. Think mine are a 9500 but it's been years and I don't keep receipts. ( don't wanna know ) I would rather have extra drop avail versus my shocks resticting flex.

that was my thought but the shock mount broke because well there was no shock absorption once so ever maybe an inch or two so every bump was rough eventually leading to a broken shock mount...

what about those shocks that have an external resivoir what advantages to they hold to a standard shock?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts